Thread: Singapore Grand Prix

Sport Button On - DSC Off Old Baillie's Avatar

Singapore Grand Prix

Probably my least favorite race of the season. About as elegant as cage fighting and the fact that it's at night only adds to the ridiculousness of this pointless circuit. The only upside is that the weather forecast is bad which could benefit McLaren since both Button and Hamilton drive so well in the rain.
    Alpina, Silver/Black

I'm with you 100% on that one, it really is a useless track from a racing point of view, but rain could be good. I have a shoot that day, and have to hike the pups beforehand so I won't get to watch it till the evening - I know it's going to be hard not to cheat and peak at the web for results!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

F1 is always trying to solve the lack of overtaking problem. They added moveable wings and made the rear wings smaller. Next year they start with the adjustable rear wing gap. These are all artificial solutions.

The real solution is so obvious, it's the tracks. Why can't they just fire Bernie and drop Singapore, Hungary, Monaco, Valencia, and Monza from the calendar? It is so frustrating. Why do these parades exist???? And now with no refueling it's even worse.

F1 at laguna seca! (I wish they could)

That would be so amazing, but the struggle to get a spot at the Corkscrew would be epic madness!

I think that the track in Austin will be pretty great, have you seen it yet? Also the new track at Aragon in Spain in amazing, they ran the MotoGP races there last weekend, it is a stunning layout.

http://formula-one.speedtv.com/artic...assic-corners/
    Andrew Macpherson

I did see some of the moto GP... Looked like a cool track for sure... Not so sure about Texas yet

Sport Button On - DSC Off Old Baillie's Avatar
    There is a great iPad app called F1 Gallery with stunning hirez photographs from races.
    Alpina, Silver/Black

I don't have an iPad, not because I'm a ludite, but I hate AT&T with a such a passion that I'm waiting till the new year when all machines will be open to all carriers for my iPad, plus I want the gen 2 with video & phone built in!! :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

What does AT&T have to do with the iPad?
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Scott, for the 3G (4g?) mobil service, ATT is the only provider...so far. Obviously you don't need anything around the house, other than WiFi.

Virgin just put out this little gadget - http://www.virginmobileusa.com/mobil..._b_virgin+mifi

3G connectivity for up to 5 devices for $40/month unlimited and no contracts. This uses the Sprint network. Get a wifi only iPad and get online anywhere. (The hardware is $10 more than the cost of buying an iPad with 3G built in)

Webber should have been penalized, he did exactly the same thing again, causing a crash by not yielding to the driver in front. Other than that it was the dullest race of the year.
    Andrew Macpherson