Thread: Current Thoughts on Tires?

Current Thoughts on Tires?

I have Alpina rims and run the PS2s. Been very happy but have seen a few posts on the Pirelli tires. Since I have to buy 4 new ones, anyone have thoughts on whether or not I should stay with the PS2s?

Thanks,

Chris

PS....I also have the Alpina suspension on my 02 along with the Alpina rims.

Both tires are excellent, the only reason to pick the Pirellis is they look nicer on the rim, while the MPS2's look a bit pinched in. The Pirelli's can rub on the little outside lip in the wheel well under full compression if your rear camber isn't set to around -2? though.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I haven't looked at sizing options lately, but I'm curious if those new Dunlop Direzzas that are all the rage might work. They're said to be a notch above the mighty PS2 in performance.
    thegunguy

Quote Originally Posted by thegunguy View Post
    I haven't looked at sizing options lately, but I'm curious if those new Dunlop Direzzas that are all the rage might work. They're said to be a notch above the mighty PS2 in performance.
    Nice, but my fronts are 285/30 ZR 20s which the Direzzas don't appear to come in.

Yes, they're a very new tire. So, I'm sure fitment is limited.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    To my eyes the MPS2 doesnt look too small for the Alpina wheels- but I think they came out with slightly wider PS2 for the rears that I might be running.

My experience is that the PS2 is the best all around sports tire period. The only tire I like more is the Pirelli Corsa tires- which are acceptable but not very good in the wet. They are almost like a track tire.