Thread: Lease Assumption

Sport Button On

Cool Lease Assumption

Hey Guys......Kind of went over on the dark side and leased a 2010 MB AMG E63. Can't now believe how starting the engine and hearing the terrfic sound, feeling the tremondous torque when I put my foot into it and finding repectable handling made me pull out the check book and say how fast can it be mine. Well 800 miles later and I am much less excited. Lots of drama with this car and already missing the nice quite 08 BMW 750i I will be giving back next month.

Only second MB I've owned and didn't like the 87 560SEL very long either. 17 BMW since 1977 should have told me something. So the question....does anyone know about any lease swapping/selling organizations that are worth using. Expecting at least a $20k hit otherwise towards trading for a new 7 Series.

Thanks for any thoughts....BTW the Oregon Dive looked terrfic.

rwwinsz8

01 Z8
    06 BMW 530xi
    08 BMW 750i
    09 Porsche 4S/PDK Cab
    10 MB AMG E63

Not meaning to sound rude but you have had 17 BMW's over the past 33 years. Thats an average of 1.9 years per car. Why? Don't you like 'em? Which one did you keep the longest and which was the shortest? Why?

Just curious.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Sport Button On
    I usually lease cars I drive for work and have 24 or 30 month terms. I usually buy 5 Series wagons for my wife and keep 3 or 4 years for her, however an accident shorten the time on one. I also had the benefit of being very good friends with the former owner of a local BMW dealorship that my company insured. His moto was so long as I kept buying cars...he kept buying insurance.

My favorite all things considered was 2000 740i Sport. Fun to drive for a big car considering it's natural limitationns. Never any problems of any kind...went to a 2002 750i not really a favorite....04 645i Cab was great but not too good for business use...back to an 08 750i with Sport Package which I have come to really like and then the mistake for me 10 MB AMG E63. Once the MB is disposed of I will go back to a 750i

01 Z8 is the longest and ties as a favorite. 26k miles now and my model has had most of the frequent problems noted by other owners....front and rear lights all replaced, inside mirror replaced, new dash ect.....still a favorite never the less

Quote Originally Posted by rwwinsz8 View Post
    My favorite all things considered was 2000 740i Sport.
    My vote for the best 7 and business sedan of its time. The E38 still looks beautiful on the road with its simple long, low, and lean appearance.
    thegunguy

rwwinsz8... A few years ago I used swapalease.com to exit a lease early. As long as you have lots of miles left on the lease and are willing to offer an incentive to the transferee you will get some interest on your car.

I had a 2001 740iL and loved it. Only complaint was that keeping the stock honeycomb rims clean was near impossible!

Sport Button On
    thanks for the tip on swapalease. I am going to give them a try....fees seem reasonable.

Z8Mania
    The leasing sites are great but keep in mind, at the end of the day youre still on the lease. You will find it nearly impossible to get totally removed from the lease. What that means is if the person who takes over your payments damages the vehicle and does not repair it, upon lease term end, you are ultimately on the hook.

What about the E63 don't you like?