Thread: Baby got new shoes!

Baby got new shoes!

Just switched to Pirelli P-Zeros with 255/35/20 Fronts with the 295/30R/20 rears and so far, love them. Seems to have a more compliant ride to me although seems that way when you switch tires but the real test will be the drive on the drive in August !!

Definitely like the more agressive look, stance and the better filling out of the rims, even the front are more protective of the wheel compared to the Michelins, even though they are the same size.

Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I'll be curious to see what you think/compare notes. No rubbing?

yeah, I was curious about that possibility too but my Wheel / Tire guy assured me that the should fit, considering the Beyern Type 5 wheels I have are the exact same size and offset as the Alpina Wheel, which BTW, is the same size / offset as the 20" Motorsports that Andrew has. I will say that I also use the Dinan recommended alignment settings since I have the Dinan Stage 3 Suspension, which allows for a full neg 2? camber on the rear. The front sizing is the same as the Michelins I was using and would not expect any rubbing there but the Pirellis do appear a bit wider on the sidewall area and as such, was concerned about the potential up front but none so far experienced.

These Pirellis do provide a greater degree of wheel / rim protection from scuffing though as the bead of the tire protrudes about 4-5 mm at the rim lip more than the previous Michelins I was using, which I really like.
    Best Regards,

Jeff

Does the Dinan set up allow any more neg camber in front?

No but the caster plates increase caster from +6.5? tp +7.5?. There are lightweight alumninum KMAC adjustable caster / camber plates from Turner Motorsports that will do both and according to my communications with then, the plates do not increase the ride height. Do not know anyone who has any experience with them though.
    Best Regards,

Jeff

I'll ask Dana, I might well try a set out if he and matt give them the all clear.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.