Thread: What's you're other.......?

Smile What's you're other.......?

It seems that many of the Z8 owners I've spoken with have other very interesting land, sea and air machines, thus I thought it might be fun to do a little gallery of our other loves here. If you have something you'd like to share post it here.

This 996 GT3 was my other car for fifteen amazing months. I did 11,000 miles in it, with over 4,500 of them on the tracks of Southern California. I really enjoyed it very much, it is the sweetest, best balanced and most enjoyable road car I've tried at the track. It allowed me to go faster than I ever imagined I'd be able to go, and it took me to the point where the next step was to loose 1,000lbs, and discover the insane joy of tracking a Lotus!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

My autobahn toy.

Andrew, this is my other car. Sorry for the dirt because these are the only shots I have. I took them last winter. Turbo is my daily car and Z8 is my garage car.

Other Vehicle

1973 Baja Bronco by Stroppe.

Z8 Novice
    Hi

here my 2 other cars. The Cadillac is also a car I just drive on sunny days

The 7-Series I drive daily...

all the best from Switzerland

Pascal

Oh my god, a mid 1970's Eldorado in Switzerland no less. I grew up with big American cars and we had two of those Eldorados. The first one my father bought was a complete lemon so the dealership gave him another. It was the car he traded in on his first German car ('79 528i) and we never looked back. Here's a pic of one of my other cars:

Z8 Novice
    Hi Ringmeister

nice little car in the big US

In Europe many things are not same then in the US. We have a lot of this "baby" BMW's in Europe. But p.e. a Eldo like I have you will find only one in Switzerland.....

If I compare the interiour of the cadillac with a BMW from 1977 so I prefer the Cadillac, the european-cars from the 70's are not so beautys..

all the best from Switzerland

PWEZ8

Joe's new Fisker.

JoeA2 in Long Island sent in these shots of his new DB9. Congratulations, it's a lovely stable mate for the Z8.

Andrew Macpherson

Fun on the road

Mine come from the BMW family, plus one interloper:

Z8 Novice
    BMW M1
    BMW 3.0CSL
    Bentley CGT
    Lamborighini Gallardo

Boxster (and BMW X3 3.0 6sp)

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Well, I guess it's time to put my new 'other' up.....

I thought this thread might get a lot more action than it has, as I know many owners have other gorgeous machines, but so far we haven't flushed that many out! It has been well over a year since I started it, and my new other is an absolute hoot, much, much more fun at the track than the heavy and rather cumbersome GT3. At 3,000 lbs it felt like a broadsword compared to the 2000 lb Elise, which feels like a rapier.

Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On

Sorry haven't posted in a while....

But I'm in the middle of renovating a place at the beach. This of course is after my regular job. I posted a pic of my M5 which is very fun to drive. It's a great family/ pseudo sports car. The other pic is of the Brembo's which are sitting at the office waiting for attention, not to mention the velocity stack carbon fiber phlenum cover from D/A. Looking forward to Santa Fe. Jonny

Jonny

This eases the pain of not being able to use the Z8 Alpina.

Here's a couple of mine:

Still stuck on the classic lines....

There is some awsome stuff here among us.

For me is is boats. A Fountain and newly built, a Cigarette.

Both powered by naturally aspirated, 875 horse, big block Fords.

If we are talking boats...

It'll take me a lot longer to get there!

On the technical front: It's powered by a Yanmar 55hp turbo diesel!

Z8 Novice

Sorry no great Photos

-daily driver is a 2003 Dinan M5, Lemans Blue/Carmel
    -VW Touareg- Pulls my trailer with 3 Icelandic Horses
    -Formula 280SS-Pulls my wake-boarding son
    -2002 Z8-the best money I ever spent

Other Toys

Being boats are included in this thread, here's mine.

Sport Button On
    Being a starving business professor, I can't afford any snorky additional rides. My daily driver is a BMW 650 coupe, Silver gray/chateau. Sorry, no pics yet, but they wouldn't compare with some of the other stuff posted anyway.

Mike

Daily drive: X5 4.4i black, no picture yet

Just sold after six years (Lago Maggiore, Italy): Performance 807, sorry, no pics - this boat is similar:

For the next MITM!

Sure keeps the miles off of the other bimmer! However the call of the new R1200GS is too strong. This one's not long for the stable...

BTW - the two-tone paint is Mandarin Orange and Graphite Grey. The grey is a bit darker but has the same beauty of Stratus. Would have made a striking version of the Individual "shamu".

thegunguy

One of the others

Hi Andrew

I now have seen lots of very nice toys. Here are a couple of pix of one of my others. She now has just over 300 Miles on the clock and she is a real lady. She is smooth, fast and comfortable, but with no storage, no amenities and no extras. I am happy to see no cup holder or cigarette lighter, but a glove box to drop my sunglasses in would be nice. A person would need to ship clothes to the hotel or plan to buy new at each stop, if he or she wanted to travel. Actually, I think that she is a car built just for fun.
    Hap

Z8 Novice

What's my other car #2

I really enjoyed looking at the members' other cars so I would like to start the thread again!
    Here is my little collection:

2002 BMW Z8
    2004 BMW 330ci (daily driver)
    1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series V Vantage SS
    1969 Aston Martin DBS Vantage
    1986 Mercedes 300SL
    1992 Mercedes 500E
    1987 Mercedes 190 2,3 16V

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar

What's my other cars

Of course - 2001 BMW Z8
    Daily driver - 2003 VW New Beetle TDI (I have a 70 mile 1 way commute)
    2001 Audi S4 - will be replaced by a 200? BMW M6 next year
    1996 BMW Z3 - Schnitzer suspension and supercharger + many, many upgrades
    1969 ALFA Romeo Spider Veloce Round Tail
    1954 MG TF 1250

Sport Button On

Talking German Logical

I like mine German and Logical:

5) 2002 525ti
    6) 2005 645Csi
    7) 2003 745i
    8) 2001 Z8
    9) 1987 911 Cabriolet Carrera

Never uploaded a picture so hope it works!?

Let's see, Center mounted instruments & banjo wheel

Must be a Z8 - nope! (this isn't mine)

Pics of ALFA and MG

OK, here they are. I was lucky enough to have the ALFA featured in Hemmings Sports and Exotics last September. It is interesting that it shares several design elements with the Z8. Of historical significance, it was the very last car designed under thre leadership of Battista "Pinnin" Farina. For its time, it was very advance, with 4 wheel disc brakes and a wet sleeve DOHC aluminum engine. This is a 1969 model. In 1969 ALFA increased the engine size to 1779cc; however the models received the designation "1750" in honor of the great 6C 1750. It was th eonly year the engine was offered in the correct round-tail body.

Americans are most familiar with this car from the film "The Graduate". The car was placed in the film as the result of the efforts of long-tme ALFA importer Max Hoffman -- who was Dustin Hoffman's uncle.

Fittingly, it is sitting in front of the Blackhawk Museum. I bought this car as a result of my docent training. I did a paper on the origins of the ALFA nameplate. It dates from the Crusades and is a combination of the Sforza and Visconti family crests - the patron families of Milan (yes, Andrew and others from the UK, the red cross on the white background is St. Goerge's cross). To its right is a green serpent devouring a Saracen. To ALFA owner's the world over the sybmol is know as "Jesus Christ, the cost of ownership is eating me alive". The laurel wreath was added when ALFA Romeo won the first-ever Grand Prix manufacturer's championship in 1925. Nothing sound like an ALFA (with dual 40 DCOEs). Not even a Z8 can match it for soul. Driving it is like playing a musical instrument.

The TF is the last, and best looking of the T-series. It is a reminder of what sports cars were like in an earlier time. MG owners sometimes do not wave because they are using both hands (and both feet) just to get the car around a corner. It only has about 20% of the horsepower of the Z8 and a top speed of around 70 (the analogy I use is that it was built 2 years prior to the intrestate highway act). However, it's an absolute blast to drive. In keeping with the analogy of the ALFA as a musical instrument, this one is like sitting in the middle of a one-man-band. The valves clatter, the gear whine and the exhaust barks. I really surprised some freinds in the Bay Area Z club who were following me to a car show and couldn't believe it would do 70.

The small car sitting on the lowered windscreen is a toy MG T-series I received as a Christmas gift when I was around 4 years old. This is about my first revelation that there were these things called sportscars. I can remember wondering why the steering wheel was on the "wrong" side and fascinated by the spare tire on the back. Over the years, my mental image of a sportscar always had flowing fenders and an exposed spare. Over half a century, this small toy led to the ALFA, the TF and finally the Z8. It is holding down an original sales brochure for the TF. Appropriately, the dealer's stamp on it is from Smalley's Garage in Watkin's Glen, NY. Watkins is the traditional home of the US Grand Prix and Smalley's served as the garage in the through-the-streets era. It is now owned by Smalley's son, listed as in the MG register as a repair facility and is the focus of vintage sportscar tours held there.

DSC Off

Smile my other car

My other car is a Z1 built in 1990. The Z1 is built in the same way as a Z8. The space frame is steel, the body is synthetic. The aerodynamics of this car is amazing. Its already a kind of diffusor. I use this car nearly daily.
    Z8Ros

Z8 Novice

my other are...

1967 Morris Cooper S.
    Porsche Speedster 1989
    Morgan Plus 8 1988
    Donzi Classic 1992
    Harley Davidson Night Rod Special

My other car(s)

I have a:

2006 BMW 530 XiT Sports Wagon - daily driver

In the garage 1/12/07
    Saturn Sky Red Line
    Bluestone color
    Black Premium Leather
    CD/Ipod Monsoon Sound
    Chrome Wheels
    custom Wind Restrictor

Z8 Novice
    I just bought a GT2 with an 700 Evo kit on it. The car is just amazing. Most fun I ever had driving a car. It is outright scary.

Similar to my 3rd gen RX7 with a PP motor and large turbo.

Of course that one is always in pieces.....

Team Z8

Smile

2006 v8 Touareg- Daily driver GREAT VERSATILITY!

1998 Porsche 993 C2S: Mirage Metalic (very rare), built on the LAST production day for US delivery, just under 12,000 miles. Great looker, fun, reliable, but still a toy compared to the Z8.

MY 'PRIDE AND JOY": 2002 Ti/Red,#1750, purchased new, Just over 13,000 miles.

Talking

Here is my list:

88 M6 (33K miles - original owner)
    89 DINAN 750iL (67K miles - original owner)
    98 M3 (58K miles - original owner)
    03 Z8 (4K miles - original owner)
    05 X3 (daily driver)

The cars were featured in BMW CAR Magazine last November (2005). The focus of the feature was the M6, which they called the "Best M6 in the World."

Entered all the cars in the BMW CCA (Los Angeles Chapter) Clean Car Contest this past summer and each won in their respective category. On top of that, the Z8 won the "Judges Choice Award" as the car they would rather drive home.

nice sandwich here...

Best regards, Dieter

Smile

Finally I found what I was looking for:

Ferrari 575M F1 rosso corsa/nero, 4/2003, 12'700km
    "Fiorano" handling package
    19" modular wheels
    sport brakes
    carbon sport seats

Sport Button On - DSC Off jpklecker's Avatar
    I don't have anything fancy, but my other cars are:
    2002 Z8 Topaz Blau/Creme - of course
    1987 535i White/Pearl Beige - daily driver
    1969 Volvo P1800S California White/Red - still running well with 322,600 miles on original engine. This was my Dad's pride and joy that I was lucky to drive occaisionally during high school and college.

Z8 Novice

Nothing fancy either

2000 Silver Black (but I think I am one of the few who's had theirs travel to California via Lebanon). I am only aloud one toy in the stable at a time but I think I have reached the pinnacle with this one.
    2005 745il silver black too..(I know, don't say it, but my wife loved her '97 740li so much she would not look at another car)
    1999 Silver VW Eurovan (daily driver for me, and believe it or not, fun to drive, plus plenty of room for my surfboard, tennis gear, and soccer coaching stuff). The stock Z8 rims fit on it. When I find a set of new rims for the Z8, The Eurovan will be the sportiest one in town. I would buy a new one if VW still sold them in the US but that is for another forum.

My current search is for an M3 for the track. No, I do not care if it is silver....

Sorry, I digress, Happy New Year

Rob

My daily driver is a 2003 VW New Beetle TDI. Probably the only one equipped with Eibach springs and Bilstein sport shocks. My daily commute is over Pacheco Pass (CA-152) into the Bay area.

I bought it one Saturday, the salesman was was being obnoxious and asking what it woud take to close the deal. I told him I wanted the sports springs (Eibachs in VW packaging) installed. He called the parts department and figured he had a real sucker - ready to settle for $225 to close the deal. The service department would have know what I knew - that you had to drop the engine cradle to get the struts in.

One night I caught a couple of 5 liter Mustangs hogging the left lane - did a nice inside pass on both of them - really ruined their day when I pulled in the truckstop and drove up to the diesel pumps.

In some ways it is more fun than the Z8. The Z8 can't do its HP in MPH - the TDI can (granted its only 90). You can't sucker anyone in a Z8. Parking and rain are not a concern - I'm trying to remember the last time I washed it with a bucket and hose (I have driven it though a car wash), and it routinely gets over 500 miles on a tank of fuel. It was designed when Ferdinand Piech ran things at VW and insisted on driving every prototype - how many other cheapies have 4 wheel disks? I can red line it in at least three gears and not even get close to a ticket (red line is 4400 rpm), but it will burn rubber in first and chirp in 2nd (165 ft-lb of torque).

It's not slumming - it's just a really expensive car cover for the Z8.

1989 325ix - (E30), daily driver, winter beater, w/273 k km or 160 k miles, original owner.
    2001 330xi - summertime daily driver & occasional track car, original owner.
    2006 Mini Cooper Competition Edition - to be delivered next week. It's similar to the Grand Prix (US), except that the C.E. is a hardtop, not convertible, it seats 4 not 2, & the bumper is heavier duty AFAIK. It may weigh in at about 90 or 100 lbs more than the American version, I think. Delivery is in about 10 days. No winter slush for this baby, not this year at least!
    & last but not least:
    2003 Z8 - occasional cruising, summertime only, aprox 3500 miles, original owner.
    Can't wait 'til spring!
    Evie

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    2001 Z8 - 15 000 miles. Dinan suspension. Quaife LSD with modified gear ratios. 19" Racing Dynamics wheels with Pole Positions. Brembo brakes. Short shifter. Revised CD Valve. Eisenmanns exhaust.
    2005 Dodge Ram
    1971 Jaguar XJ6
    Mini Cooper 1959. Doubble welded rally body, 1430cc Med engine - 150bhp with AKM style 7 port head. Twin Webers. Full race suspension, cage and interior. This car is purpose built for Targa Newfoundland.
    Mini Traveller van - 1961. Absolutely original. NO RUST and never restored.
    Dave P

2006 W215 Kompressor

A short test drive of the 2007 launch edition W216 CL 550 settled it for me: Mercedes is following Bangle's E65/66 7 series with their S and CL cars. While the beauty of design is in the eye of the beholder, these new generation cars are gadget loaded super cruisers farther removed from being drivers' cars than ever - at least for my taste. I tried very hard to like the new 745i and returned it to my dealer after 6 months of frustration.

The outgoing W215 CL had always struck me as one of the most beautifully designed big Mercedes coupes. So in early 2006 I bought a 2003 CL 500 with 15 k miles on the clock and thoroughly enjoyed this heavy "barge" for some 15 k more business miles. Trading up to the new CL550 was the logical next step - after having been tempted by a couple of gorgeous Aston Martins in our area, which I dare not justify for business purposes. But seeing and driving the new CL convinced me that my taste for automotive design and driving experience must have gotten stuck right at the turn of this century.

I made an offer on the last fully loaded brand new W215 CL55 AMG on my dealer's lot and have been smiling ever since.

Currently:
    an 05 Estorille blue X5/Dinan 4.4,
    00 Silver/red Z8,
    03 Jeep Wrangler (airport car),
    67 Montrose blue Pontiac GTO 400 Convert,
    32 Ford Loboy blower motor HotRod, Majik blue w flames, grrrrr
    35 Ford Woody, restored, blue/Maple
    1919 Harley Model J green
    1932 Harley Model VL, red/black
    1942 Harley WLA, green/crema
    1998 Harley Annivers. Gray
    2005 Harley RoadKing, driver, Bronze

Love this stuff, albeit small, my collection is always morfing into other interesting stuff. I'd love an old 3.0 CSL or an old M6. Btw, the old Harleys are all in my living room as they are, fine art...to me.

Orange I glad??

Just came in last Friday, may be number 10 (or so) in the country. Been waiting a year. Awesome to drive.

Z8 Novice

Smile Late to the party

I just noticed this blog. How Fun. Everyone at this party already has a very cool car, but what else lurks behind the garage doors? On the hallowed and epoxy'd floor of my garage sits the following gems which are proof positive that I may be the most insane gearhead of all:
    '73 Ferrari 365GTB4 Daytona, Red/ Tan, Chrome Wires (of course!)
    '02 Ferrari 575M Black/ Tan Daytona seats with black inserts , F1
    '65 Shelby 289 Cobra, Full race engine Red/ Black (a real one)
    '60 Jaguar XK150 DHC, White/ Black, Chrome Wires ( My son has it)
    '06 BMW M5, Black/ Sepang (The wifes ride)
    '02 BMW X5, Topaz/Crema (Rainy day car)
    '02 BMW Z8, Topaz/ Crema (OK, I like this color combo)

Thank the Lord for a very understanding wife!!!

There There is an intersting story behind the Daytona name. Very few Ferraris have ever been officially named, the number traditionally referring to the displacement of a single cylinder.

The 365 was introduced in the great days of the Ford/Ferrari battles in endurance racing. In 1966, Ford had won LeMans with 3 Ford GT-40s in formation on the last lap (interestingly, the Ford Henry the Deuce wanted to win didn't - even though it was first across the line. Ken Miles had already scored victories at the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring, and was going to win all three with a victory at LeMans. However the LeMans winner is determined by the car that covers the greatest distance in 24 hours, and even though the Miles/Hulme car was leading, the AmonMcLaren car had started farther back, and had covered a greater distance in the opinion of the ACO).

Smarting from the defeat at LeMans, the Commendatore staged his own 1-2-3 win on Henry Ford II's home turf in Daytona the following January. The then-new 365 received the name "Daytona" as a reminder of the Ferrari victory, and to rub it in to the upstart Ford that Ferrari could still win races.

The other (red) shoe has dropped

Just got her Sat. AM. Both red GT3 and Orange RS should be at BW.

And yes, Z8 still getting the PP, not home yet...soon?

Wow, that GT3 is a beauty, can't wait to see it in the flesh!

Wish I had some good pictures of my Pacers to post for you folks.
    Your wish is my command!

Pandaman & one of his beloved Pacers at the the local vintage Railroad depot, Grapevine, Texas.

Andrew Macpherson

GT3 & RS & WRX @ Buttonwillow

Rifle, here you are riding shotgun in the redhead! That was such a blast, thanks for coming out. My son following in the blue wrx on his first track day, hanging pretty tough with the "big guns". I'm really proud of how well he did...but I knew he would take to it like a fish to water.

I only wish my Z8 were there too!

Latest Addition

'73 CSL in original Inka orange

Z8Mania
    Wow- what a nice collection of new additions to everyone's stables. The GT3, Exige, M6, and the CSL! Nice cars guys!!! I also really like the colors you all picked- drive them well!

Thoughts on the M6: I did the VIR program last year and we found on the track that the M5 would become a little unruffled around and indicated 145 MPH or so- and the M6 would keep asking for more. And even though the M6 has a slightly heavier front end (by only 1-2%) it handled the track MUCH better. Im personally glad to hear you got the stick shift. You should note that as of a few days ago all the new V10 M cars that come with stick are supposed to allow you to turn the DSC completely off. If yours does not come this way, it is supposedly a quick reprogram by the dealer. You should have this as IMHO DSC off is an integral part of an M car- certainly more than side gills.

I have owned two SMG cars- M3 (SMGII) and M5(SMGIII) and the comments from my wife as a passenger are curious. To her SMG is an annoyance because there is a jerkiness on slow speed driving no matter what I do (its the clutch disengage point) and I don't look any happier behind the wheel compared to driving a stick. Apparently when driving a stick Im really smiling and to her that makes up for any jerkiness- and I am a fairly smooth driver. She also hates the sounds of the paddles. The SMG is a good system for the track if you are not that good a driver but IMHO I had MUCH MUCH MUCH more fun at VIR with the stick shift M3 over the SMG M3 while Im not sure my times were better- though I felt they were and my instructor noted as much. You might say- you don't know how to drive SMG- I would say Im a very good stick driver. I tried to love you SMG, but I just cant. You do make for a good first few dates though.

So as my M5 lease comes up I am not replacing with an M5- the car is fantastic but its a little too aggressive with its responses for me in a daily driver. I'm right there with Dieter- you have got to rev these engines- its a fantastic experience for a special trip or track time, but when you are doing the mundane daily driving of dropping children off at school or getting groceries it does get a little old. Im replacing it with an Alpina B7. Should be here in a few weeks. The reason though that I want my daily to be a little more sedate is because I picked this guy up, and I am loving it.

As to the Fisker- she is out in CA getting ready for a special event there. Fisker is the featured marque at this years Rodeo Drive Concours de Elegance. So if anyone lives in the LA area and is curious- go check it out. She will come home right after that and then Ill crack out the camera.

Of note for you guys is the world premiere of the production version of the Latigo CS V10- the engine has been tuned to make in excess of 650bhp.

I finally took delievery of my '07 DB9 a couple of weeks ago. Traded in my '98 750iL. The children are grown, no real need of a back seat. I'm very pleased so far. The dealer put the car in it's showroom for display, and for me to take a few pictures.

Finally my little Exige S has proven itself to be a fine compliment to the family. It took a while to get the Nitron double adjustable shocks dialed in, and all the other track parts working in harmony, but now this little beast a total joy!

I loved my Elise, and this is like the Elise on steroids. It has so much more midrange you could almost consider using it as road car - but then again, no! The Merc is just so much more pleasant as the daily driver.

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

Smile Other rides

2001 Z8. Silver with a red interior with 3,800 miles.
    2005 Mercedes E55. Flint grey with a black interior. Rocketship of a sedan. Fun to put four people in it and blow away most sports cars on the road.
    2007 Ford F150 Super Crew 4X4. All black. Built by Roush industries in Livonia, MI. Stage 3 modifications including supercharged 5.4 V8. 445 HP, 500 FT LBS of torque. Scary fast for a big truck. My daily urban assault vehicle for Los Angeles.

Z8 Novice
    As soon as I figure out how to upload pictures,I will follow up with them- As you will see I love great cars and my collection is across the board.
    STREET CARS
    01- BMW Z8 / silver with black interior
    05 - Ford GT / Silver with black stripes
    67- 427 Cobra, Kirkham aluminum body with Shelby Aluminum 427 engine ( stroked to 488) - brushed aluminum body with polished stripes
    07 - SRT8 Jeep Cheerokee - silver
    05 - Lotus Elise - Chrome Orange
    07- Dodge Megacab

Race Cars
    65' Historic Corvette Road Race Car - Blue w/ white stripe
    65' Sunbeam Tiger
    32' Highboy Roadster - holder of 5 bonneville Land Speed Records
    04 SRT4 Landspeed Racer - holds 1 landspeed record
    Jorgen
    "Life Member Bonnevile 200 mph Club"
    RaceDeck

01- Z8 Silver with Black Interior
    05- Ford GT silver with Black Stripes
    Aluminum 427 Kirkham Roadster w/ Shelby Aluminum Motor
    71- Chevron B19 race car
    65 - Historic Corvette Road Racer

Z8 Novice
    Great collection guys, I enjoyed the pictures and reading about all of your car collections.
    I have the same opinion as one of our Z8 members, let me quote his statement,
    ?It is interesting to note that many of us are not natural BMW customers?
    You are absolutely correct, but I recently I purchased a 750Li it?s a great car.
    I also own 1959 Jaguar Mark IX ?SALOON? in the mint condition.
    [COLOR=black]I don?t have to complain since I am not married and no wife to say yes or no!!! perhaps in the future, you never know! >>
    Also let me admit guys, impatiently I am waiting for the 'Z9' model; I am very interested to see that.

I also have
    2007 BMW 750 IL silver/gray
    2001 Z8 silver/black
    1959 Jaguar mark nine

Track-day toy

Well, after over a year of passively shopping for a Lotus, I finally found the car for me. During that time, I had my eye out for a low mileage 2006 Elise, but it was an Exige that found me. I stumbled across a listing on eBay by the local Lamborghini dealer for an '06 Exige with a mere 1,600 miles (funny, my 2001 Z8 had a mere 1,600 miles when I found it - also on eBay). I contacted them directly after the auction expired, and as of this afternoon, she's mine!

The color is a bit interesting. It's called Chili Red, and it's a red base with gold metallic flake under clear-coat. While it looks a little flat under artificial light, in the sun all the fiberglass curves light up with gold highlights. It's not my first choice in colors, but it's certainly unique.

The original owner traded it for a Murcielago...can't think of two more opposite approaches to performance.

thegunguy

Z8 Novice

my other car has center instruments too.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Germany View Post
    I really enjoyed looking at the members' other cars so I would like to start the thread again!
    Here is my little collection:

2002 BMW Z8
    2004 BMW 330ci (daily driver)
    1963 Aston Martin DB4 Series V Vantage SS
    1969 Aston Martin DBS Vantage
    1986 Mercedes 300SL
    1992 Mercedes 500E
    1987 Mercedes 190 2,3 16V
    i am trying to post the picture of my panoz, it has center instruments also.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    2001 Z8. Silver/red with 4,000 miles.
    2005 Mercedes E55 sedan. Flint grey/black.
    2007 Ford F150 supercrew 4X4 with factory installed Roush Stage 3 modifications: supercharged, remapped computers, new air induction, intercooled, exhaust system, suspension. Puts out 445 horsepower and 500 foot pounds of torque. Pretty fun for a big truck. Black/black.

Z8 Novice
    I have a 2002 Z8, silver/black
    My other cars:
    2007 Mercedes S 600
    2006 Land Rover Sport supercharged
    2005 BMW X3

Sport Button On - DSC Off

My Toys

The attached are my "Babies". They are 1931 Model A, 1971 E-Type , 2002 Z8, 2005 DB9, 2006 F430 and 2006 Ford GT. I included the sign my wife made for my garage.

Z8Mania
    a new addition............

Z8 Novice

an other car...

Just bought my dream car, after the Z8.
    1989 porsche Speedster, that will complete well the Z8 and the Morgan Plus 8.
    Kind regards,
    Stephane

Sport Button On
    Hi
    In my garage I have along with The Z8 a :-

Bentley Arnarge T
    Lamborghini Gallardo Spider
    V12 E Type Jaguar Roadster
    Alvis TE21 Drophead Coupe
    Riley 1.5 ( Used for classic car rallying)
    Range Rover V8 Sport
    Volvo XC90 (wifes car)

and I share with my brother

Ferrari 550 Marenello
    Porsche 356 Continental
    Aston Martin DB4 ( Used for circuit racing)
    1990 Bentley Continental
    1968 Mini Cooper

and a 1966 approx Shelby Mustang which we have just bought but I have not seen it yet !!!!

Needless to say we are utter "petrolheads" but I wont move on to boats and bikes !!!!

1973 Alfa Spider

1997 993 Carrera S

Both are for sale to make room for the Z8.

My daily driver is a BMW 330i sedan.

Wow, love the pacer with the custom interior. Must really get a lot of smiles on the road!

My garage is ever changing but here are current or very recent rides.
    I sold the cs and the lambo recently. Once the Z8 is home, will sell the boxster for tt or some other usable but fun pcar.

The only boat I have is a kayak!

DSC Off

Other cars

x5 4.6is daily driver
    2000 z8 silver/black
    1969 Avanti supercharged
    1937 Cord Supercharged Convertible SAMCO Replica bought new in 1969
    1961 Corvette 327/300 411 Posi Rear 2 tops
    1967 Corvette Stingray.....Black/saddle leather interior and top
    427/400 side pipes/ac/power windows/automatic.

my other...

I DO love the V8 we have in our Z8's so naturally...

2002 Silver/Black
    No mods (except for new Alpine stereo)
    Seattle, WA