Thread: A beautiful day in the NE

A beautiful day in the NE

Today is the day I have been waiting for all spring to do the first real drive of the year. 65 Degrees in the morning, 78 degrees in the afternoon, blue skies all around, and 90 miles round trip to NYC made it the best commute of the year.

The guys in the garage tell me that the Alpina gets more looks/questions then any other car that they park all year. Considering that they park over 200 cars a day in midtown Manhattan, and I only bring it in once or twice a year that is a lot of competition. Except that I tip them daily I cannot help but wonder if they think about doing a "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" when I leave the car in the morning.

Z8Mania
    Nice. This is indeed the time of year that our weather is great- its like socal. Without the earth quakes but with wacko terrorists.

Z8 Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Nice. This is indeed the time of year that our weather is great- its like socal. Without the earth quakes but with wacko terrorists.
    I'll take the occasional rumble & jolt over the cold climate

But really, in SoCal, people have become very accustomed to exotic cars. Short of an Enzo, not much stands out.
    62050 - Z8

Z8Mania
    I love soCal. Id live there if I could.

NY'ers are not vey car conscious at all, which is what makes it all the more surprising that they even notice the car. As for the occasional terrorist in NY, I drive through Times Square every day on that road. A little too close for comfort.

I agree, a beautiful day so I took the beast north from NY and drove it to Lime Rock Ct. After participating in a 2 day Skip Barber high performance course I signed a waver and did an autocross with it. There were a number of exotics entered; an Audi R8, some sweet turbo Porsches, a Chatam super 7,some nice Vetts, but the z8 got the most inqueries. It may have not been the fastest but it was the prettiest girl at the ball!
    Joshb
    2002 silver/red/black

Z8Mania
    Modern classic. Nuff said.

You guys are all drooling over SoCal...why not come to ZFest in September and sample the famous roads that we get to drive daily. Hummm?

www.zfest.com
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

I will save my miles for the Yellowstone drive, but the Z club in my area is doing a drive starting around Woodstock NY Sat and Sun the 15th and 16th May. I may go Sat as I have a microcar rally on Sun for the Isetta. Any of you north east guys interested? Jerry, Ouray?
    Joshb
    2002 silver/red/black

Would love to, but that is our daughter's birthday, and will have a house full of kids that day. I did not know that there was a Z8 club in the area. As for coming out to SoCal for the drive, I would but then I would want to move there, and I cannot move to one of the only states with a higher income tax then where I already live.....

It's worth it for the roads and scenery alone!! Add the year round weather, and I say it's a must do!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Weekends are really tough. A lot of kids plans.

The club event I was refering to is not just a z8 club but all z cars from 1 to 8 (zscca) clink on your links and you will find it.
    Joshb
    2002silver/red/black