Thread: Bra for Z8?

Z8 Novice

Question Bra for Z8?

Can anyone recommend a company that will fabricate a quality front bra for the Z8? I'm planning a lengthy roadtrip at the end of October and I am seeking to minimize any pitting/paint damage to vehicle.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Z8 Novice

Thumbs up

My co-driver and I just returned from what we have come to call our Cannonball Runs to the West. We live in Pittsburgh, PA and last year's vehicle was my 575M Maranello. These are aggressive 6k+ adventures and we do not spare the car. The Ferrari required a 2.5k paint job to put it in the condition which I require.

This year's selection was the Z8. We returned yesterday and I carefully surveyed the car today. It will required no painting. I'll spend the next week detailing it and it will be 98%+. There are no clear coat ruptures.

It is the German painting process versus Italian (notoriously poor)?
    Is it the frontal characteristics of the Z8? I don't know.

During the trip I removed bugs every other day with Windex with ammonia and a good quality micro fiber pad.

The best bra maker is Speed Lingerie. I have dropped a lot of dollars with them for other cars. They make an M5 but I don't think Z8.

My advice. Pack the Windex (with ammonia) and micro fiber. Let her rip and have the time of your life!

Travel fast! Travel safe!

Good advice Gibbs,

Especially the travel safe, travel fast bit!

I have never seen a bra on a car, but I have seen a couple of films. There is the 3M clear coat, which isn't really visible at 15 feet, but it is quite visible up close. There is also a spray on clear latex coating I have seen some of the Ferrari guys us at the track, it is thick and ugly, but I guess effective, and very easy to remove.

I am not a fan of these things, I would prefer drive a bit more cautiously around other traffic. The only thing that messes up your paint is stuff thrown up by other cars/trucks etc, so just be aware of that, drive accordingly and you should be fine.

Gibbys, how is the 575 by comparison, it is a car I have always loved too.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    The 575M is the premiere GT car the world. It is the soul mate to my 365 GTB/4. It's turn in is instant and precise. Its top speed is an easy 170+ on decent public roads (and there is another 30 when surface permits) which are relatively vacant. The suspension is unreal.

My Z8 is a Dinan S2. I'll have it until I die. As you know it has just been driven 5500+ great miles. Although not always true, when you spend $250K vs. $150 ( the Z8 with Dinan; I bought it used) there is something more.

I have been misusing the Z8 group with all my questions. I'll post more information about my background and other cars I own cars if anyone is interested. I could include some gallery pictures. I hope to stay with you on this Forum and add some value.

I enjoy your company and am grateful for the information I have received from you and others.

I don't know how you work but I am willing to provide my name address to the group or go on a buddy list if there is interest.

Thank you.

Thanks so much, always looking for great new pictures!

I am always looking for new images for the main GALLERY section. It is now up to nearly 500 images, but I love having the best images of the Z8 here, and I love photographing it too, it is such a pretty car.

I had a great day at Button Willow yesterday filming and shooting a black one owned by another board member who wanted to try out his new suspension/swaybar/tire combo on the track. I used my GT3 as the camera car, and the Z8 was really impressive to see out at full chat on the track. Those pix are the lead ones in the main GALLERY this week.

I had thought about starting a gallery of other cars owned and loved, as I think many Z8 owners do have significant others. I think it could be a thread within the open forum here, what do you think?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice

Thanks ...

.. for all the great suggestions. Much appreciated.