Thread: Z8 Lust

Z8 Novice

Z8 Lust

First post, long time fan. What a superb site. I've enjoyed reading and learning from you about these wonderful cars.

I rented The World is Not Enough - twice - suffering the hackneyed plot just to see the car.

I'm in the hunt for a Z8 now and a willing to be a little patient. PM if you know of one not in the 'usual' locations. I'm fine with some miles on a sorted car.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I have the same color combo from the movie and it is available.

Email me if interested. I'll even throw in the movie poster and studio still of Brosnan leaning on his Z8. I also have some rare dealer banners and other stuff for the car including an award or two.

[email protected]
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Welcome, and good luck finding the right car. Once you find one you like you can always ask us to help you check it out, most likely we'll have someone in its locale.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pettit View Post
    I have the same color combo from the movie and it is available.

Email me if interested. I'll even throw in the movie poster and studio still of Brosnan leaning on his Z8. I also have some rare dealer banners and other stuff for the car including an award or two.

[email protected]
    Thanks for the response on that, and for the 'welcome' Andrew. I'll email you in a moment. Would love to hear more.

Spoke to a guy with a silver/black on ebay now. Sounds like mods can really pump up the performance.

Z8 Novice
    Just purchased a 2001 Black/Creme and new to this site as well. Like you I joined while in search mode and the check list and help from this site saved me many thousands of dollars. I bought from a BMW dealer and armed with the knowledge gained from this site was able to (at least as far as they knew) establish myself as a Z8 expert. The search for the car is almost as fun as the buy. Good luck!

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG1111 View Post
    Just purchased a 2001 Black/Creme and new to this site as well. Like you I joined while in search mode and the check list and help from this site saved me many thousands of dollars. I bought from a BMW dealer and armed with the knowledge gained from this site was able to (at least as far as they knew) establish myself as a Z8 expert. The search for the car is almost as fun as the buy. Good luck!
    Congratulations! I remember seeing your inquiry as well. Gorgeous color combo. Isn't there a picture requirement?

What miles on yours, any mods/upgrades done? Do tell! Currently I'm all over ebay, trader on line, and a couple from this fantastic board.

Congrats! Beautiful color choice I must say. Pics and mods please.

Z8 Novice
    Perhaps the wrong spot to post this inquiry, but have just been offered a 2000 Euro car that sounds nice, attractively priced. Concerns with Euro?

There is nothing wrong with getting an EU car as such, but I would want one with a very well documented history, and not too many owners. If there is any issue with the EU cars that came here it would maybe lie more with the fact they were very early builds. What is its VIN?
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    There is nothing wrong with getting an EU car as such, but I would want one with a very well documented history, and not too many owners. If there is any issue with the EU cars that came here it would maybe lie more with the fact they were very early builds. What is its VIN?
    Hi Andrew. After doing a search on "Euro" came across several informative posts, including a couple of your own! Good stuff.

The Euro I've been offered is:

VIN:WBAEJ11060AF77715

Does the Vanos problem exist here? (I think this is pre 12/2000) No carbon build up I presume. Other issues? Thanks for any help.

Z8 Novice
    Car is still at the BMW dealer who is fixing about a dozen small scope items (all on the watch list) and I am having them install the performance package for $1,800. They have agreed to certify that the frame and alignments meet all original specifications prior to and after the install. Car has 18,000 miles one owner.

My phase one upgrades will include exhaust upgrade, looking for 19" wheels BBS or some other light weight wheel, full Alpina suspension, Dinan software. Phase two is Dinan headers, throttle bodies, software.

Will include picture upon arrival this week. Also taking delivery this week of a 1955 Austin Healy 100/4 BN1 with upgraded Moss box to 4 speed with overdrive in third and fourth gear. I will post a picture of it as well. This car is timeless just as I beleive the Z8 is and will be.

Congratulations on both, look forward to seeing the pictures!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness
    What an interesting chain of ownership. Congratulations
    62050 - Z8

Actually, the search can sometimes be more fun than the actual ownership!
    Luckily, the z8 is a clear exception!

Z8Mania
    Congratulations and welcome to the club!!