Thread: Hard Top Hoist

Thumbs up Hard Top Hoist

I have had this unit from EZ Top installed in my garage for over three years now, and am delighted with it. The electric motor control works very slowly allow you really precise placement of the top, and also makes it an easy one person job.

If you are looking for something like this I can thoroughly recommend this one.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Hard Top Hoist

Please give me more advise regarding a Hard Top Hoist. The E-Z Top website seems to indicates that no contact is made with hardtop weather stripping and the hardtop will not unintentionally slip out.

Do you find this to be true with Z8 hardtop? Do you leave it hanging there as long as you are not using the hard top or do you put it on a stand? It looks a little scary to leave it hanging over the precious Z8.

Robert

Hard Top Hoist

Please give me your opinion on this Hard top hoist. Their web indicates that No contact is made with hardtop weather stripping. Do you find this to be true with Z8 hard top as well? Does it leave any marks inside the roof?

Do you leave it hanging there or do you put it on the rack? It looks little scary to leave it hanging over our precious Z8. But I am also looking for the easy access with the hoist.

Thanks for your advise and all the effort you put into this site!

Robert

In answer.......

Their web indicates that No contact is made with hardtop weather stripping. Do you find this to be true with Z8 hard top as well?
    There is no contact made with the weather stripping, the support arms reach under and around them to support the roof on thick pads.

Does it leave any marks inside the roof?
    No, it really doesn't.

Do you leave it hanging there or do you put it on the rack?
    I leave it hanging, but since I live in an earthquake zone it is very seriously braced and bolted into 12 feet of ceiling joists!

But I am also looking for the easy access with the hoist.
    That is exactly why I leave it up there.

Thanks for your advise and all the effort you put into this site!
    It's a pleasure!
    Andrew Macpherson

I'm looking to get a hard top hoist. It seems like EZTop is not in business any longer (the website is gone). Does anyone have any recommendations?
    The Hoist Lift System seems credible when looking at their description and guarantee. And significantly less costly than what EZTop was. The under top bar in the picture apparently does not compress the weather stripping.

I have no experience with them as a brand, but it sure looks like the under bar would compress the weather strips if you let it hanging up there. However as a device to get it off the car, and onto its rolling rack I am sure it's totally perfect.
    Andrew Macpherson

Just checked the top. We have a hard ridge along the underside that extends beyond the weather stripping, so it should be ok. I think I'm going to go for it.
    Hope there is no earthquake...