Thread: Video: Tom Brokaw explains Canada to Americans

Video: Tom Brokaw explains Canada to Americans

Tom Brokaw explains the relationship between Canada and the United States, in a pre-recorded short film that aired on NBC prior to the Opening Ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver.

To all Americans on the Board: it's an honour being your neighbour (or should I say an honor being your neighbor)!!!

And the video made me a very proud Canadian.

Cheers
    Z8E

Fantastic piece. I missed the opening night of the Olympics, thanks for posting the link. Only disappointment is that he did not spend time on Ice Hockey!!!!!

While riding a M/C in the 3 Flags Classic from Mexico to Canada in 1983, I would stop at vista points along the Canadian Highways. Not once did I stop and not have a Canadian family stop to ask if I was OK or needed help. Every trip to Canada has been a sheer pleasure and I am very proud to call them our neighbors and friends.

The best part of the opening ceremony was when the RCMP Color Guard lowered the Canadian and Olympic flags to half staff in honor of the Georgian athlete that died that morning. They demonstrated the highest level of dignity.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Thanks for posting!!!

That was fantastic, I did not watch the opening ceremonies, so I had not seen this piece. It made me proud to be Canadian and I'm not even Canadian.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

Z8 Madness
    My wife is Canadian, need I say more
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT