Thread: shifter knob replacing

Z8 Novice

shifter knob replacing

how do I replace the shifter knob ??I have bought a new one but I don't get it on how to remove the old one. any help??? the new one comes one piece . does the cap on top comes off???? PLEASE HELP. also I want to replace the silver piece part of the hand brake and having problems with that as well. dont know how to remove them.

DSC Off
    Although my car has only 893 miles, someone must have driven it with heavy rings on their right fingers. My shift knob and hand brake trim are scratched and I have ordered new parts. I believe that the shift knob simply snaps off if pulled upward. The hand brake trim is still a mystery to me. It should slide forward if you can disengage the clip on the top near the rear of the part. Hopefully someone with experience will guide us.
    LarryG

I have never removed the hand brake, but the shift knob is just a click on part, just pull it up hard, it is easier if the car is in 2nd or 4th gear so you don't disturb anything as you pull it up.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    How about N? My shifter and handbrake are completely scratched up and pitted from my cufflinks.