Thread: 2000 Z8 (#78287) - Sold

Z8 Novice

2000 Z8 (#78287) - Sold

Gorgeous 2000 Z8 - 9,945 miles - Registered in the US w/European VIN - VERY RARE - G&K Auto Conversion Imported the vehicle - manufactured 11/2000, Limited First Production - 007 Version!

*Titanium Silver w/Black Leather Interior
    *Aunthentic Z8 Alpina Alloy Wheels - (we added these after purchasing the car)
    *Black Softtop
    *Removable Hardtop (Color matched) with Storage Rack
    *5-Litre V8, 400 H,P.
    *6-Speed Manual Transmission
    *Navigation
    *Exceptional Custom Stereo System (original interior unchanged) w/6-Disk CD *Integrated Phone
    *Pass key Security System
    *Air Conditioning
    *Power Brakes
    *Power Steering
    *Dual air bags front and side/active belts w/automatic passenger sensor
    *AM/FM Radio
    *Power Windows
    *4 wheel standard Anti-lock Brakes
    *Installed Factory Z8 cupholder (it's the German version- it did not come with one)
    *Z8 car cover
    *Original Instructions Manuals in both English AND German

Offered at $103,000 obo.

Full VIN is WBAEJ11050AF78287 - for those who would like to pull a report.

This car has been well taken care of and is always garaged - Serious inquiries only please.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

[email protected]

Last edited by EZ8; January 8th 2010 at 01:37. Reason: adding photos

Quote Originally Posted by EZ8 View Post
    007 Version
    So cool! I want missiles too!
    thegunguy

Z8 Novice

lol

Don't we all... hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by EZ8 View Post
    Limited First Production
    ??? Any ideas?
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Registered in the US w/European VIN - VERY RARE - G&K Auto Conversion Imported the vehicle - manufactured 11/2000, Limited First Production - 007 Version!
    My first Z8 (AF77715) was a G&K Conversion, imported through Heritage Classics who brought in around two dozen French Z8's in 2000-2001. At that time they were selling in the EU for around $95,000 and in California no dealer would talk to you about selling one at less than $175,000. That's why I bought mine from Heritage, having a US spec car just wasn't worth the extra $65,000 over what I paid.

I think that in the first year of production around a hundred EU cars came over to the US, but the falling of dealer mark ups combined with a rapidly strengthening Euro from early 02 stopped the flow of EU cars pretty quickly. As we all know the flow of cars back to the EU has been very rapid of late. It is hard to believe that we went from 1.5 Euro to a dollar to 1.5 dollars to a Euro. It is amazing to think that the power of the dollar was cut by a full 50% in the eight years between 2001-2009, in one president's term. Whatever his New World Order is I don't want it!

Anyhow, I digress, there was no special 007 edition, this is just an early car, the biggest plus on this cars side is that the EU engine will never have the carbon build up issues of the US spec motors, because they didn't have that system built into them.

Overall there is no reason not to buy an EU spec car, especially as we are way beyond the time of warranties. This car should be a v.2 car being 78*** meaning it will have the new VANOS valves. However assuming that the soft top is perfect, and all the usual things check out, I'd have to say this is more like an $85,000 - $90,0000 car.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Andrew, is $85-90 because it's EU? Or do you think any 10k mi Z8 would go for that?

Yes, because it is an EU car. The reason that the gray market vehicles were brought in to undercut the US car prices, and so I feel that should still be reflected in the price. Also even though the G&K conversion is totally fine, the car isn't as it left the factory, it has been 'altered'.

I'd say they are asking a fair price for a silver-black stock US car with the book and all the goodies. It would be easy to repatriate this car to the EU, but finally the dollar-euro echange rate is swinging back in our favor. Once the full force of the sovereign debt crisis gets going over there I think we'll see the EU back below the dollar, as it was in 2000, and then maybe we'll see some of the many Z8's sold abroad returning to the US!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.