Thread: Carbon Fiber Door Sills

Sport Button On - DSC Off Robert Linton's Avatar

Carbon Fiber Door Sills

Pictures of new carbon fiber door sills. And weight reduction of from approximately 306 grams each to approximately 80 grams each.

Last edited by macfly; August 28th 2004 at 17:15.

Sport Button On

Red piping?

Hello Robrt, Did the Alpina come with the Red piping or did you have that done. I've been thinking of ordering new seat leather with the red centers and keeping the all black for just in case... Jonny
    Jonny

The red piping and several other features such as the all leather sunvisors including mirror doors covered in leather were done specifically for me.

Looks very nice. Where did you get them?

Cartridge product.

Sport Button On

Does anyone think that replacing the center sections of my all black seats with red

leather would decrease the value of my car long term. Would perforated leather inserts help with the heat down here in SC? May get in touch with Zact.. I believe he is in the leather business. If I get anything done I'll post. Thanks for the reply Robert and it looks great! Jonny
    Jonny

Z8 Novice
    Jonny,

Here is a picture of an Alpina Roadster interior that my friend has. It came with the red piping but all the carpet is black.

Art

Sport Button On

Thanks Art! It looks great. Was it on a silver Z?

I appreciat the picture. Jonny
    Jonny

Z8 Novice
    Robert,

I'm sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread. Those Carbon Fiber Door Sills look great. Does Cartridge sell/market them? Thanks.

Jonny,

Yes it is a Titanium Silver Alpina Roadster. Notice how the headrests are two-tone. Mine are solid black on my Red/black seats. The unusual thing about his car is that the rest of the interior is black as if he had all black seats.

Sport Button On

Hey Robert, That's exactly what I'm looking

for. So it's eithr buy new covers or have the inserts replaced. Any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks Jonny
    Jonny

Sport Button On

Wink Consider LeatherZ

Leather Z does lots of custom leather work. You might contact them to see if they've done any Z8's. I like the red piping too. My all-black interior could use a bit of sexing up - my M3 was silver/imola red and looked great. Just took delivery of a 650 coupe - silver grey/chateau - and it looks super too. Let us know what you find out. If you have any problem finding Leather Z, e-mail me and I'll send you a link ([email protected]).

Mike

Sport Button On

Question link for sills? group buy?

Robert:

Could you please post a link to cartridge for the sills? Would anyone be interested in a group buy? Thanks!

Mike

There is no link for the door sills. Feel free to contact me.