Thread: Last meet ups of '09 - Supercar Sunday's temporary location.

Last meet ups of '09 - Supercar Sunday's temporary location.

Every Sunday me and a fellow other Super Euro car owners will be meeting at the location below : Coffee Bean : Address is 19724 Ventura Blvd. Tarzana,Ca.

6:30am-11am

From the 101 heading east, exit at Winnetka, Rt to Ventura Blvd, Left on Ventura to site.

From the 101 heading West Exit Tampa, Left to Ventura, Rt on Ventura Blvd. to Site.
    Come out and join us and help carry on the Sunday morning tradition that VCR had become.

http://www.lambopower.com/forum/inde...howtopic=45415

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...very-good.html

also have threads on

Lotus talk / rennlist / etc and other locations .

If you get there early most of us will be inside at the coffee bean or should be outside by then ! .

Marty & I scouted it out today, and the new spot looks great, plenty of parking, and my favorite local coffee chain! The turn out today was fairly small, it mostly the guys who run the different forums, which was fun for me to meet. Anyhow everyone is planning on making next weekend the first big event at the new venue, so hopefully we'll get a good Z8 turnout too.

Here are a few snaps of the new spot, and as you can see I used today as an opportunity to exercise my blue beauty, and there's a few new shots of her over in the Gallery here and here.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks for making it out today and it was a treat to see the Z8's and also great to catch up with you and have a brief chat. btw the dark red Corvette that was parked in the front of the lot is an employee from GM corporate. So should be interesting to see what he will be bringing out down the road!

I will be making more room for the cars like yours up front .

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Glad to see that the tradition continues. I will be there next week. Last Sunday of the month and the year, so there should be a great turnout.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

. Awesome.

Nice to see that you got the Topaz girl out.
    thegunguy

Sadly it is a bit of a farewell drive, as she is to be sold on soon. I'm not into using up 50% of my little garage with a car that can't be driven, especially when I could get a few amazing bikes to play with for the $$ and the space!
    Today she clicked over 2121, so I've done all of 200 miles in the time I've owned her, and don't really like taking her out, but I just had to make sure all is working for the next owner.
    Andrew Macpherson

Thumbs up One week later...

Well little by little the momentum is building, and we're getting more and more cars.

Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Sadly it is a bit of a farewell drive, as she is to be sold on soon. I'm not into using up 50% of my little garage with a car that can't be driven, especially when I could get a few amazing bikes to play with for the $$ and the space!
    Today she clicked over 2121, so I've done all of 200 miles in the time I've owned her, and don't really like taking her out, but I just had to make sure all is working for the next owner.

Wow, only 2121 on it. Im sure that car should be in the BMW museum as flawless perfect show car.

Great to see everyone today. Have a safe and happy New Year.

pix added to lead post.
    Andrew Macpherson

Thanks for the pix! What's the wide body Lotus? (just a kit?)

Funny, as time goes on, the Z8 is certainly looking even more "classic" in context with the newer exotics.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    pix added to lead post.
    I have to say those are some great photos .

The Lotus was a pretty interesting Elise based custom jobbie done by a very nice young Asian gent. It had the 320hp ForceFed turbo kit on it, which it why he had to add the wider rear rims, and that lead to the rear body having to be modified, so then he put an Exige front end of it to balance that rear out, and of course he needed bigger brakes, which meant the he had to upgrade all the suspension, and so it goes, on and on!!

The guys at Mulholland Motorsports did most of the work, and you can see a story on it on their website.

Andrew Macpherson

Was the Z4 owners name Bob?
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

^^^ I dont know but he really did a fair ammout of mods on his z4 M and best one is he has a 3.90 ring and pin LSD from M-sport.

Hum....

Bob Bartel is the So Cal Area Rep for the BMW-Z Series Car Club of America and emailed me that he met the Prez of the American Z8 club so I assumed that he was referring to Andrew.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

I think it was Bob, I met a couple of Z4 guys, including someone who knows you and Fred very well, the previous weekend. He is helping with the Z Fest plans for Labor Day, but he was older than the guy with guy with the black one, which as Karim said had a lot of Dinan & M Sport mods.. I have the worst memory for names, so forgive me that I can't recall who was who.
    Andrew Macpherson

That was Bob Bartel that you met. He is an incredible guy with a vast knowledge about his cars. He is setting up all of the drives for ZFest and they are awesome.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black