Thread: Sadly Supercar Sunday is no more...

Sadly Supercar Sunday is no more...

As happened with Crystal Cove, Supercar Sunday has outgrown its welcome at the mall where it was held. This post below is copied from the Ferrarichat board.

The popular gathering of Southern California Car Enthusiasts at VCR (Valley Circle and the 101) was shut down by the Landlord Backed by the LAPD this morning. When I arrived shortly after 8 am and drove my Ferrari on the lot I saw 4-6 LAPD Black and Whites and 2 tow trucks near a small crowd of Cars and Enthusiasts watched over by 12 Police officers and various private security people and a process server hired by management.
    Upon parking next to a Testarossa I was ordered to leave immediately, that I was trespassing upon the property,taking part in an illegal car show.etc. etc. I stated that I was there as I was nearly every Sunday to buy coffee from VCR, have breakfast at Label's Table, possibly shop at the CVS Drug Store. I was then told I was being served with a summons by the process server who dropped it on my window sill and when it fell he picked it up and shoved it in my car. He then told me to leave and said I might be towed away.
    I went and spoke to the Los Angeles Police Dept officers who said they were present to prevent the Process server from being attacked and to take care of any problems if there were any citizens arrests made, cars towed etc. I suggested this was not an efficient use of Police manpower and they agreed. The Sargeant in charge asked to speak to all of us as a group, which he did saying they were there to keep the peace basicly this is a civil matter to be settled in court. The landlord does not want the car show there, under any circumstances because of complaints from tenents Von's and others re: the difficulties customers have getting in the lot or finding parking spaces on Sunday . The landlord is also aware of possible liability issues if anyone was injured on the lot.
    The police stated the landlord or his agents could have our cars towed away and perform citizens arrests upon persons for loitering. This would become a civil matter between the parties. They have applied for an injunction that is why we were served as John Does, the hearing to come initially on New Years Eve.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    On a brighter note, a new venue is being worked on that is about another five miles West of the current location. Stay tuned!
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe