Thread: Advanced Battery Charging System?

Advanced Battery Charging System?

Hi all,

I got one of these with the car and plugged it in for the first time yesterday aft.

I didn't get the user guide with the unit...is it as simple as plugging into the cigarette lighter, then the wall?

If anyone has the manual PDF'd I would be much obliged.

What do you mean by "advanced"?
    thegunguy

Oh, that's too funny, I hadn't seen one in a while. Not sure there's anything "advanced" about it.

There aren't any instructions that I remember. It's just plug and plug and play. I always put it on the car first.

However there are some key things to keep in mind.

1) Keep it in a ventilated space.
    2) Make sure the in-car plug is seated all the way. I had it in partially one time, and it sparked, blew the fuse, and melted the plug. This ultimately led me to seeking a better solution.
    3) Be cautious of your rubber trim if you intend to have the car closed up tight. Also the reason I hardwired mine.
    thegunguy

Thanks, so far so good. I double checked the seating of the lighter insert, no melting!

Run the cord out the bottom of the door. I plug the lighter first and then the wall. I reverse that when I am disconnecting. I have several cars on tenders and nary a problem.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

I keep the window rolled down, lean in and plug it in. That way you don't risk cutting the wire on the metal sill and shorting anything.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Just put the car to rest for the winter.

I do not use the OEM charger but rather a 1.5 W trickle charger hard wired directly to the battery which hides easily in the battery compartment when not in use.

When needed it's just plug-n-play.

---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Z8 Madness
    I roll down the driver's side window slightly (10 mm) and run the cable over the glass. That way, I keep the dust out and avoid placing pressure on the rubber door seals.
    62050 - Z8