Thread: experience with Dinan S3

experience with Dinan S3

A question for anyone who has the Dinan engine package:

I am getting some "gurgling" when engine braking (lifting off the throttle). Does anyone else experience this?

thanks, John

As an addendum, I have to say I am completely shocked with the bad customer service that Dinan provides. I can't get anyone to return a phone call or answer an email--and I'm trying to give them my money??????? Are they that bad for following up if you have a problem?

I am surprised and concerned at the growing list of complaints from Z8 owners regarding poor customer service -- has anyone else seen similar complaints on the M5 board or M3 boards? Just curious.

Not sure, but Dinan might be trying to avoid direct customer contact shifting their business to BMW Service departments who are approved Dinan suppliers. This may be something they are doing that way the BMW Dealers benefit from the install and maintenance issues and also have to deal with any warranty and/or complaints. Just a thought. BTW, Dinan has NEVER had a "contact us" email program as far as I know, so not sure how you are able to write them an email. By phone is the only way I have been able to contact them but since I had my work done via my local dealer, they then arranged the "warranty correction" with my dealer / service manager and I had little direct contact with them.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I got the email address because I spoke with the receptionist and she said to send an email. I am located in Switzerland, so that might have something to do with it as well, but it doesn't excuse ignored phone calls and emails. If they don't want to do business directly, they ought to say so.

Did not realize you were out of country / USA. You might contact Bill Stuart at BMW NA. Reason is that Dinan contracts directly with BMW NA and it's associated dealer network as a sales, distributor and installer of Dinan Tuning products as most if not all BMW Service Centers are Dinan Certified in the USA. I would imagine if you explain your issues to Bill, he would more than likely be able to contact them and help rectify the situation as he has been of great help on many, many issues. An alternative would be to contact Dana Caldwell at Peter Pan BMW in San Mateo, CA. He is the service manager there and has been of much help to many Z8 owners in California too and is located not too far from Mountain View, CA, the home of Dinan. He may be able to help or give you advise on who or how to contact. Honestly, I would contact Bill first at william.st[email protected]
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I have Dinan stage 2 and also had an S3 M3 and a dinan M5. As far as I am concerned, their customer service has always sucked. Very unresponsive, as you say, and its very frustrating.