Thread: BMWCCA Oktoberfest

BMWCCA Oktoberfest

The BMW Car Club of America is currently holding the annual national meeting - Oktoberfest - at Lake Lanier and Road Atlanta in Georgia. In spite of the time limiting effect of the fiscal year end at our company, we took Tuesday off and participated at the Concours. This was the first drive for our "new" Z8, which we bought in May as a driver and brought back to beauty and shape in the past months. For you who don't know how the BMWCCA judges cars, let me simple say: "Q-tips". White gloved judges used Q-tips to look for dirt in the most hidden places. They looked for the better than new condition of our Alexander Z8, or short Alex, how we named our car. We didn't think that we had any chance against some newer and spotless M-Roadsters and M-Coupes in the Z-car class. But at the end we received a third place award. There were some real nice cars: a 1937 BMW 328, which is a former car of Huschke von Hanstein (famous German racecar driver). There were two M1 and two 1956 BMW 502, one of which was a convertible. Since BMW still owns several brand names from their English adventure (Mini, Riley, Rolls Royce, Triumph and Wolseley), we brought also our 1949 Triumph 2000 Roadster and showed it in the display class. That made at the end for some nice pictures. (see below)

Hermann (the German) Schaller
    60078 - silver // black

Wow, great shots, looks like a lovely event in a perfect spot.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Yes - the Lake Lanier Islands Resort and Lodge is very pleasant hotel surrounded by a golf course and the lake, which had finally got enough water to look nice, too.
    We met a former Z8 owner from Texas. His name is Art and he still reads the Forum of the Z8 Club. Therefore he recognized me from the thread ?Z8 wanted for driving?. We were the only Z8 there, but most people wished to have one, too.
    By the way, Andrew ? you were right, the right Z8 comes up on the market by time. Yesterday a blue 2001 Z8 with black interior sold for $ 83k in Atlanta. The car is a first owner vehicle and has all the stuff ? book etc. That would have been my favorite color combination. Still our Alex developed very well and I paid a lot less. Did you notice the pictures from our grill in the ?Problems and Solutions? ? ?Problems with Z8 radiators??
    You asked the question for this solution on December 29, 2007. What do you think?

60078 - silver // black

Sorry, I didn't know how much the text gets messed up by pasting it from a word document.

60078 - silver // black

I fixed the text, and yes, pasting from Word seems to clash badly with the VBB software, but most web browsers have spell check in them now, so you should be able to do everything you do in word in Safari/Firefox/IE etc.

I did see your wire mesh, and liked it very much, it is a great idea. I'd love to get a set for mine if you feel inspired to make more! :-)

That was a great deal for whoever got the Blue/Black car, $83,000 for a one owner Z8 with all the books etc! However the Blue/Black combo I honestly find a little lackluster on the car, the Topaz really comes alive with the Crema. I think Silver/Black like your Alex is a much better looking combo than Topaz/Black!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Dear Andrew, your are right (as so often). I just had lunch with Jeri, my wife, and we discussed exactly that. We had test driven a topas blue / crema Z8, and we liked the combination very much. That car was terrible beaten up and the interior was very dirty, which shows badly on the crema. At that time I thought that a blue car with a black interior would be still nice and less difficult to keep good looking inside. That is typical German thinking. Therefore you will find this color combination mostly there. We ended up with the silver / black because of the good deal and the interior is easy to keep in a very presentable way. While I had never a silver car before, I start to like the color combination. On Monday, the lease for my BMW 335i is up and Alex will become my daily driver. That will be a very interesting experience.

60078 - silver // black