Thread: USA Z8 10th Anniversary, Dallas - 11.09

Sport Button On - DSC Off Juergen Wunderlich's Avatar

USA Z8 10th Anniversary, Dallas - 11.09

Dear Club Members, dear BMW Z8 owners,

2009 is the year of the 10th Anniversary of the BMW Z8 and we will see 93 Z8?s in Munich in September for the anniversary event. Even our newest member from Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) will fly in and bring his car to Europe for this event.

Our nearly 100 US members are the second largest group in our international BMW Z8 Club e.V. and it is a great pleasure for me to announce the

International BMW Z8 Club e.V. US based 10th Anniversary celebration for the BMW Z8, Dallas, TX, Oct. 30 to Nov. 1st, 2009

All of our now nearly 600 members will be invited to this event and I am looking forward to this Z8 experience in the Dallas, TX area. We already have reservations on a flight to Dallas and Sylvi and I will be there! Special thanks to Paul Peck and Ken Hollins who did not hesitate to make my thoughts and ideas become reality and for putting this together?

?Meet in the Middle Events to Celebrate the Z8?s 10th Anniversary ? Halloween Weekend?

Friday night, October 30 - Classic BMW will convert their showroom to a ?museum? of collector cars for a private showing. This will be very much like the ?8 Z8 8-08-08 8:08:08? Monterey send-off party of last year, with 1st class catered food & wait staff plus an open bar. It will be for Z8 Club members, car exhibitors, and other selected guests of Classic BMW. It will be the? hot ticket? for that Bimmerheads that night, for sure. The recommended hotel is very close by. (Thanks to Pat Arnold, John Kobell and Eric Maas of Classic BMW, and Karen O?Brien, consummate car-club gal who?s helping us track down the collectible BMWs.) Cost: Free (to Z8 Owners, Exhibitors, etc.), but by invitation from Classic BMW only.

Saturday morning is the ?now standard? Cars & Coffee congregation on Classic BMWs storage lot. From there, at ~9:30, we?ll drive over to Cowboys Stadium where we will take a tour of the new facility, and have a ?photo opportunity? with the cars in front of the stadium. Coordinating with Big Brothers and Big Sisters, we will ?ferry? underprivileged kids to and from the stadium, and pay for their tour. This will involve renting a tour bus for passengers who surrender their sports car seat for one of the kids. Non Z8 owners are invited. Cost: $70/head, which includes contribution to 2 charities and tour tickets for the kids and the bus.

Saturday afternoon is ?track day? at Eagles Canyon Raceway. We?ll have some instructor-led lead-follow laps, followed by some open-lap sessions. Non Z8 owners would need to be invited to make this work economically. (Thanks to Christian Schmidt, ECR member, for helping with the arrangements.) Cost: About $250/car (also covers corner workers and EMT support), depending on turn-out.

For Saturday night, it?s a dinner event at AutoScope at Dream Garage with live ?Rock & Roll? entertainment. This is a fantastic world class auto repair and upgrade facility (with twin side-by-side dynos and a racing simulator) and will be quite impressive to the club members. We could call this ?Dancing With the Cars?. (Thanks to Nerces Mavelian of AutoScope for providing the facility.) This would be Z8 owners and selected guests of AutoScope. Cost: About 100/head, including fee for the band.

For Sunday morning, we have mapped out a country drive to North & East of Dallas, which ends up at old-fashion ?County Line? Barbeque/Burger joint about 1 hour North of Dallas. If the weather is bad, we?ll do shorter trip that ends up at the Gaylord Texan convention center in Grapevine near the DFW airport, which has a huge indoor atrium (guaranteeing good weather, no matter what) and has several restaurant choices that can handle all of us. Non Z8 owners are invited. Cost: About $25/head for lunch.

For Sunday afternoon, we have the Polo match sponsored by Grand Luxe Registry (luxury lifestyle) magazine and being coordinated by Tim Miller, the publisher. Most of the attendees at these Polo events are automobile aficionados. The Z8?s would have prominent parking ? another photo op. By the way ? Tim is planning to do a story (with photos) about our entire Z8 Club weekend to be published in the magazine. Non Z8 owners are always invited, but exotic car owners get ?preferential parking?. Cost: About $20/head.

For Sunday night, we have planned a wine tasting at La Buena Vida in Grapevine. Along with the wine we will have light appetizers, and will have a performance by a Spanish guitarist. This also includes a buffet dinner afterwards. Non Z8 owners are invited. (Thanks to Shelley Ruddick for helping with the arrangements) Cost: About $75/head.

For most events, there would be a limited number of attendees. For the Z8 owners and their helpers there will be S.W.A.G. including hats & shirts (from Dennis Slechta at Panada Sportswear) and lapel pins & grill badges (with help from Ian).

Grand Total: Fun Filled 3-day weekend for $290/head plus $250 per car for the afternoon at the track.

To register, send a check for $540 to Paul ?Routineer? Peck at 3105 Peck Place, Richardson, Tx, 75082 by September 1st.

If you cannot attend a particular event, send less, but be sure and indicate what you are excluding.
    Best Regards,

Jürgen

Deadline Extended for 10 Jahre Event

Please see the attached post card going out this week to registered owners.
    So far we have 22 Z8 owners + significant others signed up:

Jurgen and Silvi Wunderlich (of Germany, sans their Z8)
    Claus and Nina Bachmann (of Germany, sans their 2 Z8s!)
    Dennis Slechta and Shelley Ruddick (silver/black)
    Ken and Carol Hollins (silver/red)
    Christian and Uli Schmidt (red/red)
    Mark & Denise Hollinsworth (silver/black)
    Jeff & Cindy Morris (silver/red)
    Ron Wall & mystery gal (red/red)
    Chuck Taylor (silver/red)
    Frederick Kern (black/tan)
    Raj Narayanan (silver/black)
    Nick Nichols (black/black)
    Paul & Betty Peck (silver/black)

Routineer

Where be the pics?
    thegunguy

Thumbs up 10th Anniversary Dallas - What a Hoot!

Well everyone should have come -- We had a great time!!

Hats off to Paul and Betty - Dennis and Shelley -- and all the folks at Classic BMW of Dallas, Autoscope Ltd. Dallas, Texas Stadium, The Gaylord Texan, Cavenaugh Flight Museum, and La Buean Vita Winery for making it FANTASTIC! As well as the folks at EagleRock Canyon Race Track !! Just some photos below -- once again -- another successful event !

Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

More...

Starts with more from Cars and Coffee at Classic then on to Texas Stadium Tour, EagleRock Canyon Racetrack, Autoscope Ltd dinner and "Dancing with the Cars", The Gaylord Texan. Some went to the Cavenaugh Flight Museum but not me, and I have no photos from La Buena Vita Winery and dinner, anyone who has photos of those events please post your photos.

Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Great pix and report, so happy you guys had a blast, and had good weather too!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Nice pics, Jeff. Thanks for posting! Great to see the crew going strong back in Texas.
    thegunguy

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    As a newbie to the group - It was a blast!

This group knows how to:
    1. Knows how to fill up your days with fantastic events, sights and fun.
    2. Knows how to decorate and arrange fantastic parties.
    3. Knows how to party and eat.
    4. and their cars.

It was a lot of fun, I learned quite a few good upgrades and why to do them (CDV, engine tuning, and exhaust) are all on my short list - the CDV is already ordered.

Thanks to Dennis (Pandaman) I had a set of fun wheels to get from place to place, Shelly and Paul for all the hotel arrangements, and the group was just so much fun to be around. I just have got to learn how to keep up with all their energy.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

Sport Button On - DSC Off mollyshark's Avatar
    Here's some from the "Garage Party." Whew...I be a dancing fool. What a great time.

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Great pictures

Thanks Jeff & Molly for all the great pictures. You make my life easier not having to carry a camera. Hey Jeff would you like me to get that pasta recipe?? I would drive to Tulsa for some more of that.
    Pandaman

A Few More Random Pictures

These are from camera phones, so please pardon the poor resolution.

Routineer

Looks like a great event, well done Paul, sorry to miss it!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 10 Jahre Party in Dallas - AutoScope Pics

Nice shots from the "Dancing With The Cars" Party at AutoScope

Routineer