Thread: 2001 Z8 (#60928) Silver/Red - Sold

Z8 Novice

2001 Z8 (#60928) Silver/Red - Sold

I am selling my 2001 silver/red, it has a ton of goodies on it, so here's a list:

1. Brembo big brake kit (red calipers with the Z8 logo in white on them)
    2. Eisenmann exhaust
    3. KW coilovers
    4. Dinan sway bars and camber caster plates
    5. Performance Package
    6. Quaife differential with higher ratio
    7. Beyern Mesh 20" wheels with Michelin pilot sports
    8. DICE ipod interface
    9. The CDV modification, of course
    10. Probably something else I forgot that I bought...

She has about 30K miles on her, but I take excellent care of my cars, and this one is no exception.

And of course I have ALL of the original parts, oh except for the exhaust, the mechanic lost it somehow.

I am pricing her around $140k. A clean stock car would be around $100k, so with all of the mods and the condition she's in, and not to mention all of the trouble I went to to go through the car and add the right stuff, that's what I think is fair. I am not in any particular hurry to sell the car, and I would love it if she went to a good home.

If anyone wants some more pictures, email me and I will send some off.

Thanks, Geoff

Do you have the Book?

Also what are the K&W's like? It would be wonderful if could you give us a review of that set up in the Suspension section.

Good luck with your sale.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    Unfortunately I do not have the book. Somewhere its sitting on some undeserving persons bookshelf collecting dust.
    I forgot, I do have the optional windscreen as well, that is hard to find. The KW's made a really big difference, and for about $5-6k installed, I'd say they were worth it. The problem is I have a Ferrari 599 also and it is such a great car I find myself wanting to drive it instead most of the time. I'm going to replace my Z8 with a Aston Martin Vantage Roadster, and do a few things to it. I have to have a convertible.

Did it make the car stiffer, or was it more compliant? What was the main difference?

The 599 is a lovely car, we've lost a few owners to that one! Enjoy your new beasts to the fullest!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    It was a bit stiffer, but not harsh by any means. It did handle corners much better though. The night I got it back from the mechanic I took it out to Ortega highway at about 2 in the morning and drove as fast as I could the twisties. I am used to riding my Ducati on that particular road, so this was fun, but without ANY traffic (or deer luckily). The car did much better than the stock setup.

Geoff

Yesterday, in London, I ran across a raffle for a AM Vantage. Nice car!
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

I drove one for a couple of hours during a shoot last year, and can add that it really is a nice car. Overall quality is really good, and there's a lovely engine/exhaust note, especially hard on the gas over 4k, the only thing I didn't love was the screen was a bit low, made me feel like I was looking out at the world through a letter box!
    Andrew Macpherson

Yes, a very small interior. At 6'4" I can't even fit in the big Aston. While the 911 has grown in its interior over the years (I move my seat forward) the Aston V8, which was designed to compete with the Pcar, is way too small. It is amazing how the packaging of the Pcar has just gotten better and better.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8-NL's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Yes, a very small interior. At 6'4" I can't even fit in the big Aston. While the 911 has grown in its interior over the years (I move my seat forward) the Aston V8, which was designed to compete with the Pcar, is way too small. It is amazing how the packaging of the Pcar has just gotten better and better.

Agree the Pcar is very good, probably unsurpassable. However you see them in herds on every streetcorner nowadays. It misses the "special feel" as it is so common. They sold 26,000 (997/911) in 2008! Aston and some other brands still make you feel special when driving them. Pcar is exceptional daily driver

Yes, but only 300 or so GT3s in the US per year (500?) That's really special, because how amazing it is to drive. But then again, I have the Z8 too, for shear beauty, and for open air touring.

Sellers email address no longer valid, so this car is now assumed sold.
    Andrew Macpherson

The Book for this car has surfaced, I just got this email from Eric Friedlander

I have the owners book for vin WBAEJ13451AH60928 I would like to see if the current car owner wants to buy it at fair market. Silver/Red . No point in letting anyone else buy it if owner wants it! Thanks.
    Andrew Macpherson