Thread: Front Light Washer Problem

Sport Button On

Front Light Washer Problem

I thought I posted this but evidently not. I just posted a problem under "Problems/Solutions Light Adjustment". After a PP install on my 2003 Z8 Alpina, I called the dealer and thought that the lights needed an adjustment in that they were really lower on the road. Now, a more disturbing problem is that the left front light washer after use does not return to a flush position against the edge of the light and juts out about 1/4-1/2 inch and crooked. I read something about a automatic light level adjuster that needs to be properly set after a service or a PP installation. Would this adjuster also impact how the front left light washer would reseat after use? Thanks, D

Sport Button On
    Problem solved by Dana at Peter Pan. Great!!!

What was the solution?
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

Sport Button On

Simple

Dana talked to the mechanic Matt who has dealt with this problem and it was simple. The front washer had simpled come off track. He told me to pull up on the washer and peek to see if it was off track and then put it back so it would retract properly. It worked. I was very nervous about yanking on the washer since the last time I yanked on a plastic part I had to replace the center console mechanism.