Thread: June 28th - Supercar Sunday

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

June 28th - Supercar Sunday

I am planning on going the last Sunday of this month, the 28th, if anyone is interested. If we plan on parking together as a group, you really need to get there by seven at the latest. It gets crowded really early now. Also, that day is the same day as the all GM car show in Woodley Park is going on. I have been there in the past and they get some wonderful cars, so that may be a potential stop after the morning gathering.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

A lovely morning...

We had a very chilled out morning, just four Z8's came out, and we all had other responsibilities today, so we didn't do a drive to brunch.

The event is getting huge, there were so many cars there it was impossible to take it all in, here is a very quick sample of the mix of cars there. The usual highlight was Jay Leno's Chrysler Turbine, one of only a handful of experimental turbine engined cars they experimented with, and dropped, in the early '60's. Other highlights were 3 of the rare Ferrari F40's and of course the three Z8's park in the center of everything!

It is always lovely doing the dawn run out to the event, Old Baillie & I saw the sun break as we wound out of Hollywood on Mulholland, then dropped down onto the empty Sunday morning freeway.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thanks andrew, cool cars. Not sure what it says about me, but I sure love the "Coal" pick-up! Perhaps it''s the perfect counterpoint to all the sleek beauty.

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing Andrew,

Nice cross section of cars.

Love the glimpse of the Fly Yellow 550 Maranello. One of the few, if not the only, vehicle on the road that can match the Z8's sexy good looks.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Wow that looks like an especially good turnout of cars. What other free car event could you see 3 F40s lined up together and a turbine Chrysler? Looks like there was a new Alfa 8C in the photo of the teal speedster.

Sorry to miss this one. Maybe next month.
    2002 Silver/Black

The yellow Cord looks like a reproduction.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

It was, but it was still pretty!
    Andrew Macpherson

I agree-they are beautiful. There was a red / white one at one of our shows a few weeks back. We tend to see a bunch of repro Cobras also. Were the AC's original or repros?

It is funny how what started as a "Supercar Event" has turned into a regular car show with some exotics. In my area, our car shows emphasize hot rods, customs and muscle cars. At my show, I push for a mix of American and import and hope to attract more exotics as the years go by but it may be a pipe dream as we do not have many exotics in our area.
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black

There were all kinds, real AC, real '60's Cobra's and Shebly's own Continuations, as well as several Superformance ones, and one of their Daytona Coupes, plus a couple of other kit car thpe variations. The mix is really amazing, but the best local show is the Motor4Toys one every December, that always has the best turn out. My favorite one so far was Dec 07
    Andrew Macpherson