Thread: More Disinformation from SCM

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar

More Disinformation from SCM

'One of the most incredible modern sports cars to ever be built, the Z8 was destined to become a future classic after its debut in the James Bond film ?The World is Not Enough.? The concept project was given to Henrik Fisker, who in 1997 was the head of BMW?s U.S. design studio in Newbury Park, California, under the direction of Chris Bangle.
    Interestingly, this car takes its design cues from the iconic 1950s BMW 507, which was styled by Albrecht Graf von Goertz, the man behind the Datsun 240Z and Toyota 2000GT. After this, Fisker moved over to Ford in the Aston Martin division and then founded his own sports car company, which today produces the Tramonto and Latigo CS, as well as the just-unveiled Karma.
    The production Z8 was based on the Z07 concept, which made a smashing debut on the European auto show circuit and was put into production in 1999. The Z8 featured a hand-built aluminum body and chassis with a 4.9-liter V8 that produced 400 hp and was mated to a smooth 6-speed manual transmission.
    This particular example features a rare two-tone red and silver interior with matching factory hard top and comes with a premium bumper-to-bumper extended warranty until April 2012 or 75,000 miles. It features all power amenities, including navigation and CD changer. Mostly hand-built, the Z8 includes the latest advancements, such as electronic-controlled valve timing, ?drive-by-wire,? and Dynamic Stability Control. Only 1,500 were produced from 2000 to 2003. With single ownership from new, this limited-production Z8 roadster combines retro styling, perfect balance, and incredible German-engineered performance."

I guess a car really "improves" when you're going to make some money selling it.

Let's see "Z07 concept, which made a smashing debut on the European auto show circuit" In fact, the Z07 was premiered at the TOKYO motor show - a very long way from the European auto show circuit.

Rare two-tone red and silver interior -- rare, only in comparison to the number of silver/black Z8's built - in fact, silver with black/red is the second most popular color combination produced on the Z8.

Only 1,500 were produced from 2000 to 2003. I wish, although if this were true, I doubt mine would exist, as would 4,202 other Z8's.

Goes right along with Carrociola's brilliant racing career at ALFA Romeo.

SCM always seems badly informed, and after Keith Martin's pompous and disparaging remarks about the Z8 I would never get it anyway, prefering Motor Sport and Octane from the UK and Sports & Exotics from Hemmings here, along with Autoweek, my other US mag. I let my subs fall away to all the others, as the things I enjoy are better catered on the web. Sports Car Digest and Ultimate Cars are both really good sites, I don't know how they survive, but I really like their content.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar

Hemmings Sports & Exotics

Dig out the September 2006 issue - it has an article on my Spider Veloce in it.

Interestingly, when I met Norcal, he had it figured out, as I mentioned I had a Z8 in the article.

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    ...I don't know how they survive...
    You've got to be kidding. I agree those are great webmags but they have some serious ad content in them, which is how they seriously compete with the print mags covering the same stuff I assume.
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I'm almost down to just "Sports & Exotics" and A/W, but Automobile keeps coming, and BMW + BMWCCA + Porsche send free rags....too much to read. I used to get 4-6 mags for years, and read them all cover to cover, but I do think the web "relationship" has replaced a lot of that.

And yes, when I met Fred, I said "Do you have an Alfa Spyder?, I've been meaning to get ahold of you". Strange making connections through a magazine article that I had torn out, and put on my desk for "Someday".

I only read the ads.

Scott
    Scott Pettit
    Silver / Black