Thread: Z Club Breakfast At Balboa - San Diego, Mar 15

Z Club Breakfast At Balboa - San Diego, Mar 15

A Z breakfast and heritage photo is planned for March 15 from 7 to 9:30 AM at:

Breakfast at Balboa
    2080 Pan American Plz,
    San Diego, Ca

A line up of Z1, Z3 Roadster and Coups and Z4 Roadster and Coupes and Z8 is planned.

This is part of the monthly Breakfast at Balboa event that is put on at the San Diego Auto Museum and can be attended by hundreds of cars. Fred Kern and I are both attending.

If you are interested, contact:

Bob Bartel
    Area Rep
    Z Series Car Club of America
    [email protected]

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,0.047808&z=15

Scott

Fred Kern and I attended this event along with about 20 other Z owners who represented the entire Z lineage. All models of the Z3 and Z4 plus a Z1 and 2 Z8's were on hand with about 250 vintage, muscle (yea baby) and exotics. After the event, the Z's were positioned for a "heritage" photo as there has not been one taken since the Z1,3 and 8 photo was published. A historic moment indeedy. I heard someone say that about a thousand photos were taken as the Z's posed for not only the heritage photo, but color groupings, a representation of the US and German flags, the Roundel, groups of Z's surrounding the Z1-I can't even remember how many times the cars were posed.

On top of all of this, Fred and I stopped in a rural gas station (south west of Los Banos along I-5 for those who know the area) and 2 German guys pull in for fuel and told us that they helped build the Z8 and now work at BMW in Oxnard. Small world.

Oh, don't ask how fast I was doing on I-5. I may not drive it very often but when I do-I do. Thank you Belkin.

Scott

Not bad, but you'll have to do better than a parking lot to impress our Z fans on the other side of the pond!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Yea. The background was not that spectacular but then again, who notices the scenery. It is all about the cars. Besides, the four car photo that you posted is an outdated, incomplete photo. BMW did not do a photo representing the complete line of Z's which was the purpose of the Balboa event. The only inaccuracy was that we did not include a representation of the rear end changeover in the Z3, even though we had one there.

The real treat was looking at the other 200+ muscle and classic cars. Yum. Well actually, top down, sunny day and and a 120 mph breeze through what little hair I have. That was the icing on the cake.

Scott

I have done the Cars & Coffee event down in Irvine, and that has a great turnout too, so many wonderful cars in SoCal!

The shot from Europe was dated 2000, so I'm guessing it was a launch pic for the Z4, but I don't know who took it or what it was taken for. The Balboa shots are also already out of date now, the new folding tin-top Z4 isn't there!
    Andrew Macpherson

Here are photos of the event.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=354863

Scott

You running around CA @ 120mph without a PP?
    Of all people you should know the value of good protection!
    Andrew Macpherson

Bwahaha....

Nice smooth area of I-5. Yea, I need to find the time to get it over to Dana.

Scott

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar

Interestingly, we are out of date again

As BMW has just intorduced the new Z4.