Thread: Insurance

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Insurance

Like most owners, I am carrying stated value insurance on my Z8 through Grundy Worldwide. But I've been covering a lot more than the cost of the car itself figuring that the insurance should also be covering the cost of locating a car, having someone in another city check it out for me and then having it potentially shipped across the country. But I am still over insured at this point in time. I realized I never changed my policy from when I first picked up the car in 2001. I have a $156,000 limit on the policy. I think it is time to lower my premiums.

My question is - how much stated value are you carrying? What do you think is a realistic total outlay to locate and ship a Z8 to you if you had to? And more importantly, are there that many Z8's for sale if you even wanted to purchase one? I would imagine that most owners, like me, stated in their wills that they want to be buried in their car.

Jay Moskowitz
    Silver.Black
    28K miles

South Florida

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    I carry $138,000 on my 2003 Z8 Alpina which is mint and has 10,000 miles. The car is insured with Hagerty and the annual premium is $1,600 with a $1,000 deductible.

I'd say a nice, low mileage 2001 can be purchased in the $100K-$110K range, add to that $2K transportation, $1K inspection and $6K Florida sales tax and your total is not more than $120K.
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com