Thread: 2001 Z8 (#61115) Topaz - Sold

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar

2001 Z8 (#61115) Topaz - Sold

on Autotrader in event someone is interested.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Wow, that is really a great price for such a nice low mileage car, I paid considerably more than that for my '03 Topaz/Crema last summer! This car went down the line right infront of Rifle's black/red, 61116.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Andrew,
    The car, the mileage and the price certainly caught my eye as well. I bet that this car would have fetched north of 135K 9-12 mos ago.

Someone out there will be getting a fine example if the car is in the order that it appears.

I'd love to know what it sells for in todays market.
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Noticed the selling price has INCREASED to $127,999 !!!

Seems to me the seller has done a bit of homework since the original listing.
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Topaz Z8

I noticed this car or a few in florida very similer as this one. They all seem to be part of an auction from either ebay or another service. All seem to start at 65k, run up to 90k and then never seem to sell. Having 30 years of experiance with antique auctions I am a little leary of shills, phantom bidders and other malarky even if I was to look at one of these. any one out there with a good experiance from this type of sale?

I would never buy any car without seeing it, and meeting the owner/dealer/seller, or having a trusted friend/assoc meet/inspect the car & its papers.

EBay is a useful tool to see whats on the market, but I look at Autotrader & Cars.com as much as I look at EBay, the prices there are much more realistic, you can see what they want, and offer the customary 15% less and haggle from there, much easier than all that bidding nonsense!

The stuff I buy of EBay is toys, brochures, parts etc. I use it as a brick-a-brack and boot-sale shop, but for big purchases always better buy from a dealer, or a known individual. I've never spent over $5000 on any EBay purchase, and would not be inclined to. I did however sell my much hated Cayenne on EBay, it was the worst car I ever owned, and finished my desire ever to own another P car!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.