Thread: Found! - Black Z8 #60408

Thumbs up Found! - Black Z8 #60408

I'm in search of a 20K mile or below Z8 in Black/Crema or Topaz/Crema. As this would be my 1st Z8 I'm really looking for a solid & straight driver that I can put 2-3000 miles on a year.

I have been following this site for over 8 months and really appreciate the wealth of information you all provide. Fantastic group!

Thanks Andrew.

1mean3

I always suggest keeping an eye on Autotrader and Vast, but remember when looking at Vast many of the prices shown are just the current bids on EBay, not the real selling price.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

There seems to be plenty of low mileage, $110-140K cars with 2-8K miles on them.
    That would be the perfect car to put in my garage where I could visit it along with my other "dates" (M3, 1969 280sl, Ducati's, Guzzi's) to look at, rub on, and admire.

The problem for me would be that I couldnt drive it without potentialy giving up $35-50K in value by doing so.

I'm trying to find a nice car with 15K-25K miles, without a long list of issues to address for under $80-90K so I can drive it. I know I'll spend and immediate $10K for the PP, tires, and other items to put the car where it needs to be to enjoy it.

You'll find what you want, just take your time, and remember a lot more open top cars come on the market in the spring.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    I believe I saw a black Z8 on eBay last night.
    Pandaman

Numerous additions to the lists of Z8s on ebay and Autotrader. Mainly Silver/Black. Where are all the Black/Crema cars?

This one looks nice....link
    Andrew Macpherson

Did you see this one in Canada? http://wwwf.lemonfree.com/28704895.html
    Andrew Macpherson

Andrew Macpherson

Thanks Andrew. I'm inquiring about the Black/Crema in Canada as I'm really looking for a Crema interior. I've never bought a car out of Canada. What if anything is different about the process?

There are a couple of things you may have to change depending on your state of final registration, the speedo has to be swapped to an MPH one, and I think there were one or two other details that have to be changed, but they've slipped my mind.
    Andrew Macpherson

Your states motor vehicle department should be able to advise you as well as the local BMW dealership.

Scott

We have a Canadian car and have never swapped out the speedometer - it is just a kph one not a dual - we just do the conversion in our heads lol

Well I've taken the plunge and bought my "driver". Thanks Andrew as you found it for me! Now I have to travel to Victoria, BC to inspect it befor importing and shipping. Nice that this car was at a BMW dealer.

2001 Black/Crema with 28K miles, PP installed, The Book, New soft top, stoptech brakes, HRE wheels, Pzeros, Vanos, etc. All factory wheels/tires/brakes/rotors included with sale.

The "buying a Z8" list really came in handy as all items had/have been addressed. It was nice to see that the dealer had stong knowledge on Z8s and knew what was expected.

Here's a couple pics. Will send new ones when I'm there to get the car.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Looks Great. Congrats & enjoy.
    Pandaman

Nice Whip! I love it. Probably not a bad idea to run aftermarket rims to save the orginals from damage.

Smile

Couple more pics.

Awesome, congratulations!
    Andrew Macpherson

Would'nt have found this one without you. Didnt show up on any of the sites I've been watching including vast.

The CAD to USD exchange rate was in my favor this time. Even with the import and shipping costs it was a great deal.

Many thanks Andrew!

Cool! Great find (great colors!)

Grats! lol @ Norcal

Z8 Madness
    Awesome color combo. Congrats & enjoy!
    62050 - Z8

Z8 Madness
    p.s., jmho, but I don't think those wheels fit the car very well.

Also, the hard top is upside down on the stand.
    62050 - Z8

Since you'll be on Vancouver Island, the drive across the island to Tofino is a really fun one in a Z8

Be careful on the ferry, they park you as close together as they can and folks try and carry their entire life with them as they walk between cars. Also, don't let them park you next to a motorcycle as they can fall over in rough seas.

Be sure to have a Chicago Dog at the little restaurant across from the Empress Hotel overlooking the port. It is a part of the Esso Station replica on the corner.

Scott

and don't forget to take us loads of pictures!
    Andrew Macpherson

Andrew,

I have some pics for him to help him with his Vancouver trip. How to I post them?

Scott

Full instructions are in the 4th paragraph of the lead post here.
    Andrew Macpherson

Here (hopefully) are some photos from my trip to Vancouver.

The first photo of my Z3 on a ferry is on the Black Ball Ferry that sails from Port Angeles, WA to VCI.

The others are in Victoria, BC including the eatery with the incredible food and view of the harbor (very active) and the Parliment building that lights up at night. The second ferry photo in on the BC Ferry from the island to Vancouver. This is the ferry that I recommend as it snakes through the San Juan Islands on its way to the mainland. The price for car and passenger was about 100 bucks. Driving through the boarder on I-5 took about 1 hour to get through due to traffic in July.

If you want more photos to wet your whistle, let me know.

Scott