Thread: 2001 Z8 (#61059) - Sold

Sport Button On

2001 Z8 (#61059) - Sold

Check out this car that came on the market in Palm Beach:

http://www.chariotsofpb.com/main.php...il?car_id=2527

Black/tan with 1400 miles, $129,900.

Wow, that is a great looking example, it will make someone very happy!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Very nice, I must agree! But only a few hundred miles per year? Is that OK?

I don't see why not, especially if it stored well, started and used occasionally etc.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness
    Ian,

As you know, I recently purchased a 2003 with only 88 miles. For the past month, I've been going through the car in great detail inspecting everything that I can reach. I have not been able to establish any problems that are a result of the car not having been driven. The AC blows cold air, the heater works, all gauges work, and the car drives as it should (no unusual noises, rattles, and so on). I had the dealer replace all fluids/filters and inspect for signs of trouble (moister, rust, deposits, etc.) and nothing turned up! The car got a clean bill of health. It also passed smog with near zero emissions, including the HC which usually reads high on these cars.

As expected, the body and paint is perfect. All rubber looks and feels new and there is no sign of corrosion. The interior leather looks and feels perfect.

I am not sure where the fear of ultra low milage cars comes from??? As Andrew mentioned, a well stored car (indoor, away from the sun, and low on the humidity), that gets serviced once a year and driven a bit once in a while should age much much more gracefully than a car that is used daily.

Everything eventually will fall apart, thanks to the second law of thermodynamics. But, I think when it comes to a Z8 that is purchased in part as an investment, two things matter: a clean history of ownership and low miles.
    62050 - Z8

Ian, you should grab this one, it is your colors, and is minty prefect!
    Andrew Macpherson

I know! But I would only load on the miles & smiles and end up back where I am now. Mine is a driver, and that works for me. Went on a drive today with about 15 cars, had a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Where are the pix!!!

All in my memory only now. Didn't bring my camera, or have anyone riding shotgun. I'll check the group site www.eurosunday.net

....Nothing posted yet

That looks like a cool group, I forwarded it on to Dustin who runs our Supercar Sunday, and is one of the driving forces behind the 11-99 event and the Motor4Toys event, might be fun to get it linked up down here too. Are you gonna head down to the Palm Springs event?
    Andrew Macpherson

Not sure yet about Palm Springs. The Eurosunday group meets up here once a month for a couple hours of show and usually a local drive. They are planning to start one in Beverly Hills soon. They are already in a couple of states.

Norcal,

I clicked on the link and there are 2 dates for the Danville event-1/18 and 2/15. Which is / was correct? If it is the 15th of next month, I'll try and talk Fred Kern into coming with me, provided good weather.

Scott Pettit

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pettit View Post
    Norcal,

I clicked on the link and there are 2 dates for the Danville event-1/18 and 2/15. Which is / was correct? If it is the 15th of next month, I'll try and talk Fred Kern into coming with me, provided good weather.

Scott Pettit
    The 18th was the one this last Sunday. I'll probably hit the feb 15 as well. You should come, nice guys, very casual.

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar
    Sounds good - I'll plan on it

Is this car still for sale?
    Andrew Macpherson