Thread: Cover of this weeks AW

Team Z8

Cover of this weeks AW

Check out the cover of this weeks Autoweek. Henrik F with the caption "Will this man save the US auto industry".

Hope so - Ford sure need him back desperately!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Hope so - Ford sure need him back desperately!
    Forget Ford, it's BMW that really needs him back. How the hell did they ever let Henrik go and keep Bangle.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)
    2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot
    Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery
    -- Others --
    1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner
    1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner
    1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner
    2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver

I know, poor BMW have really got lost in the valley of ugly. Because of the great work done by Bill Stuart and BMW NA in looking after us I'll certainly keep my new car purchases to BMW, but I'm really hoping that by the time I'm ready for my next new car they'll have rediscovered the allure of beauty!
    Andrew Macpherson

Finally got time to go through my new AW and check out all the Detroit stories both there and online. Bravo Fisker, he really hits the spot in my book, great car, great idea, and simply stunning to behold. A year ago I would have certainly been a buyer, but in this market the only thing I'm buying is bread, cheese and gold!

I do hope BMW takes a long hard look at Audi's very well styled new Sportback, IMHO it is also sensational, but then I grew up around cars like the Citroen Maserati and the Rover 3500, so I guess its a profile I'm very keen on from days gone by. Audi really got the fastback four door right, this is a huge improvement over the awful MB Banana car!

Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off FWK-Z8's Avatar
    The SM is beautiful; however the Rover earned its name - BOW WOW!

In its time it was actually pretty cool looking, especially in dark colors, my Dad's was used for towing the race & veteran cars, and was a dark navy, but of course nothing from British Leyland aged very well! I think that the Cirtoen DS was the first sloped back four door design, but if my memory is correct the Rover was the first 5 door (fully lifting rear door) top of the range sedan. I'm not sure if the Audi is a true 5 door, it looks like it may be a regular sedan. The 5 door hatch back is a very handy feature on a big sedan, it gives almost shooting brake/station wagon storage, I guess like the X6.
    Andrew Macpherson