Thread: Economy Fix - Starts Here

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Economy Fix - Starts Here

Thought:

Why don't we become a network of Z8' s and businesses? If we could use not only our brain trust but our combined skills for each other needs then we could create our own economy and keep the money that has to be spent for available services or products within the community of our members. Charity starts at home and if we procure services (listed and available) from other members then we could leverage our existing network.

For example all commerce would benefit members and then certain percentage could be donated to a general fund to enable us to have some sort of event each year - like a little mini convention gathering.

Do we morph the club into a complete lifestyle?
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

I like your thinking, I'm certainly up for up it!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

Smile

I think it is a great idea! I have always been for keeping the money in the communtiy, be it a car club, business networking group, or whatever. I am a car broker, self employed, based out of Los Angeles, but I can save people money on new car purchases and ship all over the U.S. I am delivering a new X5 to a club member a week from this Saturday, and he is very pleased with the price and service I provided to him. Let's face it, if you own a Z8, chances are you have a few duckets to your name, and networking with others is a great idea. I think everyone who is active on this board may want to put out there what they do for a living and where they are based so if someone wants to use your services they can.

I can take pictures and build websites, but also would love to be part of a real world brain-trust, as I've seen and learnt a lot along the way.
    Andrew Macpherson

Niche:

I am a very specialized identity management / privacy firm and most of my clients are large organizations and law firms that are implementing smart cards / biometrics and digital signatures. So my services are for a very targeted client (the whole US government) and now many commercial firms that wish to secure their networks with strong credentials, encryption of data, and the strong authentication into networks. Thanks for Homeland Security.

But I am interested in keeping it closer to home if I have to buy and I believe this group would be great. Maybe we need to add a new section to this site (ecommerce) and get a sticky going for this thread?

Wish I could afford Andrew for some photo events, but if he comes to the convention I think we may have it covered!

Well, it is 50 degrees, sunny, and the roads are dry. I think I will take the Zed sled out today to the in-laws for dinner and sneak in my last ride for the year. Everyone enjoy the holiday's and I will eat like there is no tomorrow, and I will have a good La Gloria Cubana cigar (love to reflect with one), and several glasses of Pyrat Rum.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

That's a great idea, though whether we open a new thread 'eWorks' thread, or maybe I can swing one of my many other sleeping URL's into action
    NowTheBest.com is one I especially like - the tag line is "You've seen the rest, NowTheBest.com"

I have a friend with a very compelling white paper on computer code security that I'd love you to read since you're dealing with HS. He is currently looking for $5MM in funding. He has put several years into it, and it is very timely as you can see in this story.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness
    My daytime job is being a Prof at UCI. Perhaps one the most rewarding job of all!

The remainder of the time, I develop products: R&D, Hardware Design, Software, PCB, Housings, Documentation, locating/setting-up manufacturing, and patents.
    62050 - Z8

Z8 Madness
    Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post
    I am delivering a new X5 to a club member a week from this Saturday, and he is very pleased with the price and service I provided to him.
    I wish this thread was here earlier. We just purchased an X5 about 3 months ago and I know we would have saved $$ going with you
    62050 - Z8

I'm a computer programmer who's worked on a bunch of stuff over the years. This year I co-founded a business building games for those Social Networks that the Kids all use - Facebook and MySpace are the big ones out there. We are small, self-funded and almost fully profitable (no full salaries yet, but no-one's starving either)

Well, Andrew your friend is doing something that is very much inline with what I do. Having independent code reviews and that all trap/false doors are closed is very important for the US government and DoD. There could literally be 10's of millions of dollars in government contracts to do just this. With my GSA Schedule it could be a wonderful opportunity. I have USPTO registered trademark and service mark for computer systems. 'eValidated' and it provides assurances that systems are configured as designed and provide a stated level of assurance or trust. This is paramount as we move toward total eCommerce with digital signatures where business is conducted and completed without ever seeing or talking with the other party.

Auditing firewalls, servers, and code is what I do.

Also, I think I would be willing to sponsor this site for a fee and we should start a strong referral program. Let's make this the best club around. As we all have the vision that the Z8 hit the mark!
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

Any investors needed for small companies??
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

DSC Off
    I own the oldest at 104 years 3rd generation commercial furniture factory in Pennsylvania right in Center City Philadelphia. Jim

TraceyInc.com

Any investors needed for small companies??
    Yes, my friend whose white paper I linked you to, he is in need of a new round of funding to get his product to market, is that something you'd be interested in?
    Andrew Macpherson

I've put bread on the table as a workers comp claims exec. Used to run the largest WC claim operation in MI (14th largest nationally). Subsequently helped start up a work comp line for a multiline carrier. Recently gobbled up by QBE, a $27B multinational conglomerate that has been leading the P & C market, consistently achieving ROE > 15% (20% in 2008).

My son and I have an innovative idea for an iPhone application. Does anyone know how to write the code to make it a reality?

Economy fix starts here.
    Well the Pandaman owns Panda Embroidery & Screen Printing. Started by myself twenty two years ago and has grown in size to fall in probably the top 25 to 30% in size for our industry. We have customers across the country and a couple on the other side of the Atlantic. I would like to believe that anyone reading this has received at least one Z8 cap from Panda Embroidery. We would enjoy being of service.
    Happy New Year,
    Pandaman 2001 of course silver/black

Well Pandaman,

I don't have a Z8 ball cap, but can I order one? Also I am assuming you have a website and I will check this out as I will now order all my company embroidery items from you.

Andrew,

hey, I wish I had 5million and if I did I would probably be retired in a bungalow somewhere. But I was thinking of your friend and the best way is to get grants and contracts via the government and let that capital fund your growth. letting any part of your company out to any investor is a slippery slope for most small businesses. We could start scanning the GSA Schedule for contracts that would warrant a partnership.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

Z8 Novice
    Very interesting thread.

Well I've been in the computer software industry pretty much all my life. Worked for various US companies wanting to get established in Europe (where I'm based). Thanks to selling some options just before the .com bubble burst I got my Z8 and have worked on my own projects ever since.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/seskin

Have two projects on the go at the moment www.adzeee.com (in-application advertising system) and www.properteez.co.uk (not up until Mid-late Jan, but it's a on-line competition hosting system, just like how eBay hosts auctions for people but for competitions). I'm also a founder and investor in www.akcsl.com

When I'm not working on these I do systems management consulting for FTSE100 companies like CSFB, Barclays Global Investor, Lloyds, Shell, and so on.

I'm looking at putting a friends and family investment round together in Jan/Feb for properteez and adzeee.

AK would also be interested in investment I'm sure as they're in the middle of launching an out-sourced SaaS version of systems management software (i.e. they will monitor your servers, make sure they're running well, secure and patched up).

Anyway, always interested in working with others to generate a liquidity event!

sk

ps. Ken8, and yes, I know how to get software developed.. iPhone is interesting for Adzeee and I wanted to port it to iPhone and Nokia S60 platform. Just ran out of money at the moment

OK, next steps do we create a new page on this site? I think having a special place to buy, trade, and advertise our services would be nice so that if we are going to need something we could check our Z8 family and buy it from them first.

Thoughts??
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

I'm up for it, so lets discuss the format. I'd suggest we create a new section simply called OWNERS and each person can post an review of their expertise to see where we could find common ground.
    Andrew Macpherson

Well something like 'services' or 'owner services' or 'eCommerce' or 'Z-bay' just rambling. Then we could have categories on that page like 'printing, consultancy, marketing, web design, legal, doctors, etc.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

Personal Protection

I already put up the OWNERS area at the bottom of the forum, so lets start out with that, and see what transpires. I don't have the time to build a whole nother site, and besides I'm also working on a "brain trust" site with some of the other RGE Monitor regulars, so I may just start directing this traffic over there once that gets up to speed.
    Andrew Macpherson