Thread: Things are too quiet

Things are too quiet

This thread is purely to make noise. There's nothing as pressing as an upcoming drive or a frame issue, but how about a "sound off"?

R
    thegunguy

Z8 Madness
    I've noticed the site has been relatively quite lately. A number of our regulars have been absent. Perhaps it's the economy or maybe the season

Andrew probably has better statistics on this, but my guess is there's no more than a handful of active posters if you look at the past 3 months.

It is the same on most of the other forums. It is typical at this time of year, for folks to get busy and not visit their hobbies.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Well, I enjoy the site and look forward to post and it is getting quiet. I do know by being on the East Coast that a lot of the events leave me in the cold and there is no real traction among the East Coast owners. I think I seen one from NY and aside from that post, it appears that I am the only Mid Atlantic regular participant.

So short of relocating, I am at the mercy of a weak Z8 market on the East Coast. Is it still a requirement to be an owner to join the forum?
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

Is it still a requirement to be an owner to join the forum?
    We kept it as a requirement as there were so many annoying trolls and time wasters on the old board who insulted all the true owners & enthusiasts, so thats why we kept this board to just owners, sellers or folks who promise to be good!

I'd certainly suggest making some posts seeing if you can join up with other more southern cars, maybe plan a spring drive to the Cape Hatteras area, or the Blue Ridge Parkway. I know that are fourteen cars registered in the two Carolinas, with seven still active this month, but you are the only car in MD. I'd see if you can get the cars up from FL too, as there are many down there. The far north easterly cars don't seem to do get togethers as much as we all do out here, so looking south may be the ticket - failing that move to Cali!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Ah, well I don't want any trolls, and thanks for keeping the quality of the site up. I thought maybe car enthusiasts would participate, but the car culture 'ain't what it used to be'.

I grew up on the Blue Ridge and have made that trip many times over the years, and was just in the Middleburg area last week. The Shenandoah has some great back roads and I know them well. Well, I guess I will have to travel with some Z3/4's to have any type of BMW culture going in MD, as the other options are out of the question if you have to add 1000's of miles just to meet up.

Well, CA would be nice I was just out there in Dana Point at the St. Regis and had a great time renting a little Mini Cooper convertible up PCH. Went from Dana Point to Malibu and back, it was fun. Otherwise, CA would be great, but all my clients are here - I can remote but you can't beat face time with clients to keep the home fires burning.

Even a 'meet in the middle' trip here is too many miles - well I gues I an stuck with single solitude drives, and that 'ain't too bad' in this car.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

I'm here

Ive been here every day but with nothing to say but always catching up.
    Pandaman

More tequila!

ROR

Can't ditch me that easy.

Occasional drive....

Quote Originally Posted by briandilley View Post
    Well, I enjoy the site and look forward to post and it is getting quiet. I do know by being on the East Coast that a lot of the events leave me in the cold and there is no real traction among the East Coast owners. I think I seen one from NY and aside from that post, it appears that I am the only Mid Atlantic regular participant.

Where are you located? I'm in South Jersey outside of Philly and wouldn't mind an occasional drive.

'01 Z8 #888
    '95 850 CSi #169
    '94 850 CSi #012
    '73 2002 tii

Car Collectors Site
    South Jersey

Well, that would be great! I am just south of Baltimore so we could easily meet in the middle somewhere and have some great drives in PA or DE. I usally don't take the car out once they put snow thaw material on the road and it is usally late April or early May when she rolls out for the driving season. There is a post for a MD/VA/PA rally we are trying to get up in the spring.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

Sport Button On
    I'm here most days. Mostly just listening. I believe we do have something going for the spring in Pa or Va. You have to start somewhere.

Already threw my hat in the MD/VA/PA rally ring.

'01 Z8 #888
    '95 850 CSi #169
    '94 850 CSi #012
    '73 2002 tii

Car Collectors Site
    South Jersey

It is fun to have old friends and new on board as we head into our sixth holiday season. I can't believe how quickly the time passes, I'm sure that the nature of time is a spiral, not a line, that is the only explanation I have as to why tomorrow always goes faster that yesterday!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

Unhappy

Hey, I just turned 30 over the summer but my driver's license says I am 51! Yeah, where does time go?

Sport Button On - DSC Off mollyshark's Avatar
    I'm with Panda. Reading and seeing what is up, but nothing major happening. Am driving to Waco today to pick up a cat. See?

Hah, and my dogs are driving me Waco!! Some iPhone snaps of the morning hike, you can see the sun rising over downtown, and snow on the San Gabriel's behind the Hollywood sign. Hope the weather stays this clear for our end of year drive Sunday week!

Andrew Macpherson

There can't be a better way to start a day. Great views!