Thread: 2002 Z8 (#61296) - Sold

Z8 Novice

2002 Z8 (#61296) - Sold

Here is an opportunitiy to own a rare color combo '02 Z8!! This car was originally sold by Peter Pan BMW in California. The car is all original. Original paint, wheels, 2 keys, books, hard top including stand and a car cover. This car is flawless.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

Cor 604-803-9995

It looks great, is it registered in Canada or the US?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    US title.
    The car is located in Washington
    The original owner in California sold the car to a friend in Canada who owned the car for all of a few months. We purchased the car from the Canadian owner and sent it back to the US.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Interesting way to mount the front license plate and it allows the beautiful grill to remain unfettered.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

I've often thought of making up a slip-on/clip-on front plate holder for our cars, using a pair of long L brackets that could clip into something mounted invisibly behind the grill. Could be handy for avoiding troubles with the law, and then removing for photos, shows etc.
    Andrew Macpherson

Front plate??? Who uses a front plate. Haven't had one on any of my cars for years and the one on the car in the photos would have been left in the gutter the first time I drove up my driveway.

Scott

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pettit View Post
    Front plate??? Who uses a front plate. Haven't had one on any of my cars for years and the one on the car in the photos would have been left in the gutter the first time I drove up my driveway.

Scott
    Most states still require a front plate. Seems a waste. Somewhat surprised that they haven't been legislated into extinction.

it's required in WA - but we don'e have one (shifty eyes). The only comment we ever got on not having it was going through the border from Canada to WA. But we've been through the border several times and only gotten the one comment - of "where's your front plate" " we don't have one" "oh you know you're supposed to right?" "really?"

Hum...

When I was re-entering the states from Vancouver, the Customs folks were more interested in what I had on my rear plate than anything else.

Going into Canada and returning to the US I got some raised eyebrows when asked what my reason for travel was and I replied "I'm out for a drive". That was all I was doing.

Scott

Is this car still for sale?
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice

Car has been sold

I called and found out the car has been sold to dealer in Scottsdale. Now it probably could be bought this price plus $10k. Oh well. The search continues.

Z8 Madness
    They are attempting to sell it here.

They claim it's one of 150. That's probably not correct. I hope they are simply misinformed.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

There were 667 black/black built, so I don't know what his one of 150 claim is, but he's been doing a solid trade in Z8's and a good job of underwriting the values of our cars.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Madness
    Agree, they have a good track record and I would not hesitate buying from them if they have the right car. Perhaps this is 150 made in 2002 or simply a misunderstanding.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Since he is a very good dealer, (Havenhurstkid has both bought and sold through him so he has a 5 star rating) I emailed him to let him know there were 667 made in that combo just incase anyone wants to buy the car, then finds us, and sees it was one of 677, not 150.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    John, who owns the dealership, is very honest and accurately describes the condition of his cars. I bought my silver/red 01 Z8 from him and then sold it back to him earlier this year when I bought my stratus car. I also sold him my 2005 E55 in May. He loves Z8's and does very well with pristine, low mileage cars. I agree with Andrew that he helps keep the value of our cars up even in this economy.