Thread: Karma Update

Karma Update

http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/12/aint-nothing-li.html

They might actually pull it off. It is very pretty and powerful for a green car.
    I still have some difficulty understanding how a 2 liter engine can sustainably develop enough electricity to power electric engines producing over 400 hp and 900 ft-lb of torque, when a direct connection to the gas engine probably provides less than one half of that power.

Z8 Madness
    That's one good looking car.

It would be impressive if that's continues power output (both on the battery end as well as the electric motor end), but I'm guessing that is the peak horsepower number and only sustainable for a brief moment in time.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Well, I agree that is one 'freakin hot' car, now wouldn't that be a pair in the garage, Fisker twins and it makes a great 4 door sedan compliment to the Z8.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

Wow, it is just stunning in the silver, bravo Fisker, great work!

I'm happy I have a deposit in for one, though I doubt I'd drop $85k on an any car in this economy. One of the odd things coming to light with this new breed of machines is the huge depreciation on electric/hybrid cars as you get towards the end of the battery life. Replacing the batteries can be much more costly than replacing the motor in an internal combustion engined car, so the only way to run one is on a lease, but the depreciation factor will make the lease costly. I'd guess you'd not be able to get one for under $1600 a month. Sexy and stunning as this lovely car is I don't feel comfortable loading into that kind extra overhead at this time. My SL is so cheap to run for the 3,000 miles a year I do, and it has depreciated so much that at the $30k I'd be lucky to get for it in this market it just isn't worth selling.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Karma on TV (Aug. 2009)

FYI

Earlier tonight the Science Channel program "How do they do it?" had short segments on the Fisker Karma and the Brabus Rocket.

Each lasting only about 5 mins. and probably very superficial for this crowd, but fun to see nevertheless.

Episode info (for USA) - so check your local listings or tivo (see Episodes 3 and 5):

http://science.discovery.com/tv/how-.../episodes.html

Quote Originally Posted by Bend View Post
    http://blog.wired.com/cars/2008/12/aint-nothing-li.html

They might actually pull it off. It is very pretty and powerful for a green car.
    I still have some difficulty understanding how a 2 liter engine can sustainably develop enough electricity to power electric engines producing over 400 hp and 900 ft-lb of torque, when a direct connection to the gas engine probably provides less than one half of that power.
    Maybe Jerry will chime in here. He has history with the company and is very well versed in the product.