Thread: 2 ??s

Sport Button On - DSC Off

2 ??s

1. I noticed a trend that a lot of Zs come up for sale on a regular basis, but I noticed that the year 2000 is a rare model year for resale. Is there a particular reason or trend with the first year?

2. What does anyone think about the Z3 M Coupe as a potential collector item?
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

Which year? I can get you production numbers if you want them.

If you want it as a fun, fast, good looking car-go for it. Personally, I would buy a Z4M Coupe. In fact, if I had room in my garage, I'd buy a 2006 Imola Red Z4M Coupe that is at my local BMW dealer. It only has 54 miles on the odo and they will sell it to me for a song.

If you want it as an investment then you are wasting your money.

Scott Pettit
    President
    BMW-Z Series Car Club of America

I always had a soft spot for the Z3M Coupe, to my eyes it is a very attractive car, even though I know the Z4M Coupe is a much better all round machine, I never liked the way it looked. Honestly I'd say skip them both, and put the money in a Z8 kitty for a beater!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    lol, I think that is a great idea. But I do like the Z3 M Coupe a lot
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

The unusual design has always been one of my favorites but be aware that the Z3 series appears prone to sub-frame seapration at the rear end floor area. There are a number of aftermarket "fixes" for this which seems to confirm that a problem does exist.

Yep. The Z3M's are prone to subframe cracking due to the torque that is placed on it during hard acceleration. Unfortunately, BMW did not have the foresight to see that the power to weight (of material used) did not match.

This is one of the areas that judges of muscle car shows look at. It is not just about the power and weight but about the structural design / modifications that qualifies a car as a muscle car.

Scott