Thread: Any interest in chrome roll hoops?

Team Z8

Any interest in chrome roll hoops?

After an exchange of several emails I'm getting nowhere with Aluminex. I was set to place my order last summer, but they had just shipped several sets and weren't sure when they'd start another batch. If anyone else is interested maybe they'd start production on another batch of hoops. Thoughts???

I have seen them on black cars and they looked great. Not sure how they would look on silver, anybody have a pic?
    whats the cost?

DSC Off

Wink I have the chrome hoops on my silver 2000

If you send me your email address I will happily send them to you.

Jim Trachtenberg
    [email protected]

thanks Jim
    [email protected]

Be very careful with aftermarket chrome hoops. Many, MANY folks in the Z3 community switched out their factory hoops for aftermarket chrome only to discover that they were not made for any other purpose but to look good and make the manufacturer some $$$. The steel was thin, it wasn't tempered properly, bad fitment. The list goes on. I ordered mine from a German company and paid zu viel Geld (too much money) for a product that was of questionable design. Now, you can get them for under a hundred bucks.

Roll hoops are not a cookie cutter product. They are designed specifically for the car that they are intended for and tested as such.

Scott Pettit

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    None here for this upgrade, I am trying to keep the car completely OEM and as built.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pettit View Post
    Be very careful with aftermarket chrome hoops. Many, MANY folks in the Z3 community switched out their factory hoops for aftermarket chrome only to discover that they were not made for any other purpose but to look good and make the manufacturer some $$$. The steel was thin, it wasn't tempered properly, bad fitment. The list goes on. I ordered mine from a German company and paid zu viel Geld (too much money) for a product that was of questionable design. Now, you can get them for under a hundred bucks.

Roll hoops are not a cookie cutter product. They are designed specifically for the car that they are intended for and tested as such.

Scott Pettit
    Hi, I thought they were something that fit over the oem hoop. Guess I did not really think this through!!
    Still would like to see pics of them on a silver car but certainly would not want to compromise the safety feature.

Maybe someone does make them as a cover. I have never seen them.

Scott