Thread: OT: The atrocious decision of the FIA

Thumbs down OT: The atrocious decision of the FIA

Lewis Hamilton's drive yesterday was simply amazing, it was one of the greatest races of the last few years. I was thrilled to see him win such a hard fought race, but the appalling Steward's decision today to strip him of such an exciting victory has made me sick to my stomach.

It is well known that many of the board of the FIA are in Ferrari's pocket, which combined with Max Mosley's open hatred of Ron Dennis, has taken the sport out of this sport, and made it into a disgraceful farce of petty politics in which truly great driving is totally disregarded.

Since the absurd US GP with all of six cars running on Bridgestone tires F1 has looked a tame and lame. The last race at Valencia was as dull as ditch water, the only eye brow raiser was lack of a drive through penalty for Massa showing the usual FIA Ferrari bias, but this weekend F1 has descended to the deepest depths of WWF.

I suggest that the FIA just stop the racing now and give Ferrari the Championship since they obviously can't win it on the track, and I know that I won't bother watching any more of the races because they are simply rigged for Ferrari.

One thing I am now sure of, I will never, ever buy a Ferrari!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I'm just starting to watch the race now (TiVo).....we'll see what all the fuss is about.

Agree 100% - what a crazy crazy decision. Asides from Lewis having given the lead back (as per the rules) - Kimi spun out (after having rear ended Lewis) with no other cars involved. It just beggars belief.

I was looking forward to Valencia as a new street circuit - but have to agree that the racing was simply tedious.

Well I hope McLaren win their appeal, the driver and the team did everything correctly in the heat of the moment.

Hamilton describes the incident as follows: "In the closing stages of the race I was catching Kimi consistently, lap by lap, and with three laps remaining I got close enough to attempt to overtake him on the entry to the last chicane. I managed to get slightly ahead of him in the braking area for the first apex of the chicane. He fought back approaching the second apex - but, in doing so, he left no room for me on the inside line. The only way for me to avoid a collision was therefore to cut inside the second apex.

"I came out of the second apex in front of Kimi and so I momentarily lifted-off on the straight, to ensure that Kimi got back in front. The team also came on the radio and instructed me to allow Kimi to repass, which I had already done. As a result, Kimi crossed the start/finish line ahead of me and 6.7km/h quicker than me.

"After allowing Kimi to completely repass, I crossed from the left side of the track to the right side of the track, passing behind Kimi in the process. I then attacked Kimi on the inside of the first corner, and successfully outbraked him."

Martin Whitmarsh added: "From the pit wall, we then asked Race Control to confirm that they were comfortable that Lewis had allowed Kimi to repass, and they confirmed twice that they believed that the position had been given back in a manner that was 'okay'.

"If Race Control had instead expressed any concern regarding Lewis's actions at that time, we would have instructed Lewis to allow Kimi to repass for a second time."
    Andrew Macpherson

Well, as expected "Max the Whipper" and his merry band of Ferrari fanciers wouldn't admit McLaren's appeal, once again punishing McLaren. The FIA is a lame as it's leader, and it's dragging F1 into the gutter with it, shame on them all.

On a lighter and more fun note the video clips of this seasons races on the F1 site are all really well edited and put together, so if you haven't seen them follow this link.
    Andrew Macpherson