Thread: Big Brake Kit for Z8 OE wheels!

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Big Brake Kit for Z8 OE wheels!

UUC Motorwerks (www.uucmotorwerks.com) has just announced plans to offer a complete Big Brake Upgrade Kit for the Z8 which will fit inside the OE wheels! The manufacturer is Alcon, a highly respected brake company which provides brakes for the Honda F1 team, NASCAR's Penske and Hendricks teams, and whose brakes won the IRL championship from 2003-2005. Featuring 6 piston front calipers and 4 piston rears, there will be two versions of the kits, one with rotors that will fit inside the Z8's OE wheels (similar to the StopTech kit) and one with even larger rotors which will require 19" or 20" rims (similar to the Brembo kit). High performance pads and metal braided brake lines will be included. The kit which fits the Z8's OE wheels will require wheel spacers up front to provide adequate clearance so you must take this into consideration when ordering. The StopTech kit has the same requirement. Final production details are still being worked out so the kits are not available yet but since the full StopTech kit is no longer available, this looks to be an exciting development for Z8 owners dissatisfied with the rather pedestrian looking OE setup. Expect pricing to be around $5000 US for the complete kit. See their website for more details or call them at 908-874-9092 and speak to Rob.

Sounds like good news, Thanks for the heads up.

They look pretty nice to me, but I'd be inclined to get them finished in black to keep the OEM look if I was sticking to OEM rims.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Tom, you may want to look at these too.
    Andrew Macpherson

I can't find anything on the UUC website that would even give me a clue as to what to order for a Z8. Lots of clutch options though!

uh oh - Tom's shopping...

Opps, I forgot the AP Racing link!!

http://www.apracing.com/info/index.a...lications_2722
    Andrew Macpherson