Thread: Happy chrome.....

Happy chrome.....

I just fitted the newly chromed rims and MPS2's to my new blue Z8. I think they look really nice, what do you think?
    Pix here.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    They looks great.

Easy to clean too!

Z8 Madness
    Very Nice! I like.
    62050 - Z8

Until now, I have yet to like the OE wheels in chrome. They really work on topaz.
    thegunguy

My thought exactly...

I haven't liked them on any of the cars I've seen them on, except Status, which they also suit surprisingly well. On black they are simultaneously too loud and too small, lost in the sea of blackness, while the chrome Alpina rims look really, really nice on black, and I bet your new 19's would look amazing chromed on your black car.
    Andrew Macpherson

Andrew,
    I remember when you said that it was hard to catch blue well on film. Well, you "nailed it" with those great pics. Your car is set off really nice with those wheels.
    Ted

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Beautiful! As nice as the pics are, I imagine they pale next to watching the car in motion. In that vein, I bet its gonna be tough to keep your mileage down to 100 per yr!!

Stunning! The chrome wheels show off your car really well. I'm almost tempted to do the same thing, but not this year.
    Evie

Hmmm, they really look nice
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    I like!! I really questioned your decision at first, but I must say, they really set the car off. Now, to chrome or not to chrome on my Stratus car. Hmmmmm?

Z8Mania
    I'm with you guys- I generally don't like the chromed look on the OE wheels, BUT, they really work nicely with Topaz- gives the whole look a little more "electricity". Nice move Andrew.

i like the profile view where you now have a chrome arc drawing your eye from wheel to inlet, mirror, door handle & wheel again

is the color gradient from shadow to highlight (in the sun) as dramatic in person as in the photos?

is the color gradient from shadow to highlight (in the sun) as dramatic in person as in the photos?
    Yes, but those pix were intentionally done in the very high sunlight to exentuate that. Topaz is one of those rare colors that works best in strong light, in the low light that is so radiant on silver the Topaz looks a little flat.
    Andrew Macpherson

Still happy with your Chrome Wheels?

Andrew,

Are you still happy with your chrome wheels? I have a second set of OEM 18" wheels and have thought about chroming them. Before I sell them ($700) I want to make sure I should not just keep them and pay 4 x $125 and get them chromed. Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy
    _________
    Andy Lytle
    2002 Z8 Silver/Black 23k
    Performance Package
    CDV Removed
    www.golytle.com

I sold the car with the chromes. In retrospect I'd only really do it to a black car, but even then I'd swap to 19's first, to get both lightness of say HRE Comps or BBS and the wider footprint.
    Andrew Macpherson

Chrome wheels on Silver/Black

Andrew,

Thanks for sharing your experience with the chrome wheels. I'm just trying to find something to do with these extra wheels...

Andy
    _________
    Andy Lytle
    2002 Z8 Silver/Black 23k
    Performance Package
    CDV Removed
    www.golytle.com

Boat anchors? Coffee table?
    thegunguy