Thread: AC depositing water in the footwell......

Unhappy AC depositing water in the footwell......

This is a known issue in high humidity environs. I used to have the same problem on my old 560 SL so it isn't unique to the Z8. Here's what the repair slip of another owner's car said his dealer did....

"Remove glove box and underdash panels+vents. Water leaking at area where heater box goes into hole. No access to inspect. Remove part of heater box and upper dash. Remove blower motor to get at bottom of housing. Blow out drains w/air hose. left apart and roadtest.
    Water draining through box and not leaking. Did get some water from low side pipe sweating.insulate with A/C foam. Reassemble"

This was a 5 hour job according to the work slip & he's had no subsequent problem with it.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Thumbs up AC info from Mark in SBA

Cause and solution;

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice

Still leaking

I live in Houston and the humidity in August is incredible! Took the car to BMW repair center and they did not resolve the issue, I'm going to bring these suggestions with me, does anyone have any other ideas?
    Thanks,
    Giorgio

Z8 Novice
    The dealiship in Houston kept the car for one month and got it fixed, they'll post the procedure next month, I guess it'll be summer bofore I can REALLY test it.
    Giorgio

Hey Mac,

any idea how many hours labor Mark said for the repair in your post?
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

I don't know, but Dana would be a good person to ask, however he is out this week, so call him after the holidays.
    Andrew Macpherson