Thread: Leather Care recommendations

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar

Leather Care recommendations

Looking for some advice from the board.

Should I use a hidefood based conditioner such as Lexol NF (neatsfoot) or another silicone based preparation and if so which is best.

I have always used the Lexol preparation and like the tactile and aesthetic results but I have read that it may not be "conditioning" the leather to any appreciable degree.

??????
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Our leather is silicone impregnated, and as such it repels everything you put on it, nothing you put on it will really soak in and condition in the old fashioned way. I have been told that it is best to use silicon based cleaner/conditioner, and Lexol do make one, so you could try using that.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I remember reading that we should stick with the BMW branded one though I am sure its someone elses rebranded. I have had good results with it.

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Leather Rejuvenator

I got a product called Groit's Leather Rejuvenator. Has anyone esle used this? I put in on my Red/Black 10-year old leather interior, let it sit for 2 hours and its looks great. The fine weathering lines were refreshed. Now to apply it to all the tons of leather that is so well stiched on these fine vehicles.

This car and its detail is just amazing. If in doubt, go lift the hood on the new Z4 and you will see that the Z8 aluminum and details of manufacturing of the materials is really simply amazing. From under the hood to carpet on the trunk lid - I think the Z8 hits more categories of excellence, ride, fit, finish, power, handling, interior, exterior, styling, braking, speed, handling, creature comforts and you can drive this car at 130mph with one hand. And the clutch doesn't kill you in the Washington DC beltway traffic.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels