Thread: Z8 power finishes 2nd & 5th!

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Z8 power finishes 2nd & 5th!

The SAMAX Daytona Prototype race car, which is powered by a Steve Dinan prepared Z8 engine, finished in 2nd place in the Grand Am race held at VIR raceway this weekend and the Sigalsport DP car, also powered by a Dinan S62 motor, finished in 5th position! The SAMAX car in particular was extremely impressive and looks to be a real contender for overall wins this season. A lot of the credit must go to Steve Dinan and his Z8 engines which are competing against FACTORY prepared motors from Lexus, Pontiac, Ford and Porsche. The heart of a champion really does beat inside our cars!

That is awesome news, thanks for sharing!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Forgot to mention that the SAMAX car, which was just one second behind the winner at the finish, also turned in the fastest lap of the race!

A great car in need of some serious sponsorship - wouldn't it be nice to see a large BMW logo on the side?

I know, I know, it isn't a slow boat or a golf cart, what was I thinking! Heaven forbid that BMW NA should support US motorsports!

Andrew Macpherson

Mac, I couldn't agree more. The two teams running BMW engines must pay for their motors whereas the top teams running Lexus, Ford, or Pontiac motors get them for free because of factory involvement! As a result, those teams can spend more of their budgets on top drivers which gives them a real advantage in the series. Many of them have expressed a desire to run the S62 motor because they consider it to be the best in the series but without factory sponsorship, they can't afford to. For what amounts to chump change for BMW, they could dominate Grand Am racing and make a real statement about their commitment to building the highest performance machines, but I'm afraid they are convinced that the majority of their customers can be found on the golf course instead of at the race track. A sad state of affairs which doesn't bode well for the future.

but I'm afraid they are convinced that the majority of their customers can be found on the golf course instead of at the race track
    That is for sure, and to a certain extent they are right when it comes to the 5's, 6's and 7's, but I think they may well need to widen their own market view to ensure the success of the ugly and poorly reviewed 1 and the car that AG are looking to build between the Mini and the 1.

BMW is employing more and more people in the US, while laying them off in Germany, in large part because of the dollar's decline. This means that they are becoming a very large fixture in the landscape of American auto manufactures and assemblers. As BMW looks to expand it's customer base, and sell more and more cars and truck to a broader audience it will want to appeal to a wider demographic, the everyday American, not just the golfing and sailing collage grads. Being seen winning races in this NASCAR owned series can certainly help that, especially if they follow each win with with full page ad's in celebrating it in a few key wide reaching magazines and newspapers and magazines like People, and USA Today. Just my $0.02 worth!
    Andrew Macpherson