Thread: Chrome roll over hoops

Z8 Novice

Chrome roll over hoops

I just purchased a 2001 black/crema and I saw a photo of one with chrome roll over hoops - how do I find them for sale or do they have to be removed and chromed?
    thanks

Welcome, and congratulations. I must compliment you on your automotive taste! As for the roll hoops, I'm not sure if they are still available, but they are from Hamann, not the originals removed and chromed. Look through the old posts. Here is a snap from the web.

Last edited by Norcal; March 16th 2008 at 17:14.

Z8 Novice

Roll Over Hoops

Thanks so much. I just emailed Hamann and we will see. I did not see them listed on their sales sheet! Again thanks

Any suggestions on wheels for the car. I want a set of chrome wheels but I do not want to change the feel of the car or its wonderful ride.

Wheels are a good place to improve the ride. Unless you plan on fitting bigger brakes, I would not go to 20" wheels, just 19 perhaps. My favorites would be the HREs (840?). So not only will you get nice looking wheels, but you will:
    1) reduce the unsprung weight which allows the suspension to react better
    2) Change to non-run flat tires which is both a better ride and less stress on the frame

Team Z8

Chrome roll hoops...

contact Falk Thiele at Alumex ([email protected])... they manufacture of the hoops. The value of the US$ against the Euro makes it an expensive extra right now. If you get a current price please let me know as I'm still considering the purchase. Ron

Z8 Novice

Wheels-Wheels-Wheels

Guys- thanks so much....I need some help as to what to look for in 19" wheels..what are the sizes that I need and do I need any spacers?
    thanks again

Z8 Novice
    I just got hold of Falk and with shipping the new chrom hoops are 1600.00. I ordered them as they are just too good not to have on a black car.

They do look nice. As for the wheels, no spacers, just the proper widths and offsets. Search the forums for the wheel specs.

Z8 Novice

I need Help with the tires!

Help - my tire dealer does not have a CLUE! Where can I find the Michelin PS2's in 245/40-19 and 275/35-19. My guy here in S. Florida is totally confused.

Try Costco or TireRack, they are both large suppliers.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.