Thread: 2001 Z8 (#60496) - Sold

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar

2001 Z8 (#60496) - Sold

I am selling my car as I have just purchased the only US Stratus/Red Z8.

My 2001 is silver with the sport red interior, it has just 4,900 original miles and is in absolutely perfect original condition. It is a no story car with every extra the car came with, including "The Book". I bought the book on eBay, so the VIN does not match my car. The book is for a black/red red car, so it has the red leather insert. I am the second owner, I have had the PP installed, new Michelin Pilot Sport 2's, full service, new headlight units, etc. I have yet to see a cleaner 01, this car is essentially new.

Price:$115,000. SOLD!!!!!

Last edited by macfly; March 21st 2008 at 04:01.

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Wasn't your friend looking for one just like you describe yours on Feb 27 ?

What makes this 2002 nicer than your 2001 ?
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

My friend has decided he will only take a black interior with either a silver or black exterior. As for why I am considering the 02, stay tuned. If it is as nice as my car, either myself or another forum member is going to buy the car Saturday. The color is why. Let's just say what no one thought existed does exist!

What a lucky find!

An amazing tale, and amazing find! We're on the road heading back to LA after seeing, and buying what must be the only Stratus/Red in the US. I would have bought it if Havenhurstkid didn't - but he was the one who found it. Look out for pix of both the new one and this now for sale 01 beauty.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Madness

Fantastic combo, Congrats!

Can't wait to see the pics
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Pictures of the Stratus/Red can be seen in the Gallery here.
    Andrew Macpherson

Fun day. Awaiting the arrival of my new toy next Thursday. Once I install the PP I am ready to go. The run flats are already gone.

Enjoy! Its a stunning combination. And the dealer has another Stratus available? What are the odds of that?

Cardiff Classics, they haven't had a Z8 in four years, and then suddenly they get two, both stratus!
    Andrew Macpherson

Smile

I have a current deal pending on my silver 01. It should be completed by Monday or Tuesday. I will post it when the sale completes.

Team Z8

Doh! The color combo I've always wanted...

...and it was just down the road! Congrats on your find! Ron

My car, AH60496, has now been sold.

Congratulations Hayvenhurstkid. Absolutely gorgeous !

Let me know when you are ready to trade it against something older and slower. Almost the same color.

Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Beautiful 190SL. I had a 1956 300Sc cabriolet in the exact color combo. Sold it twenty years ago for what I thought was a fortune. Now you can multiply what I sold it for by three. This Z8 will go to my heirs. I would have NEVER parted with my silver/red car had I not stumbled onto this car. My mother had a 1971 280SE 3.5 convertible new that was anthracite grey with a red interior, very similar to this Z8. I always thought it was the most beautiful color combo I had ever seen on any 3.5 convertible. That car now belongs to a family friend in Beverly Hills; however, he just shipped the car to his home in the Hamptons, so for those of you who summer in the Hamptons, be on the lookout for the 3.5.

Here is my old 3.5.

My new toy has arrived and is sitting in the garage. The hardtop is off and I must say it really looks stunning! Monday it goes in for a complete service and installation of the PP and Thursday for my guy to get the detailing on the car dialed in. As soon as I am finished with it I will post some pictures.

Gorgeous color on that Benz. Do you happen to know what that green car in the background is? A Delahaye?
    2002 Silver/Black

It's a ficus hedge.
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Quote Originally Posted by hayvenhurstkid View Post
    Beautiful 190SL. .... My mother had a 1971 280SE 3.5 convertible new that was anthracite grey with a red interior....
    Thanks for you kind words on the 190SL.

Here is where we do them: www.190SLServices.com

Your mom's 3.5 was absolutely gorgeous. Did you ever try to get it back ?
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Wow, I love the quality of the workmanship you're doing there!
    Andrew Macpherson

Actually, I probably drive it more now than when I owned it. As I said before, a very close family friend, who was after the car for some twenty years, finally bought it. He threw a telephone book number at me so I broke down and said yes. It was a ground up restoration on a 48,000 mile nice original car. Also, it had a floor shift, which I think is nicer than the column shift. It did recently get shipped back to his home in the Hamptons and he brought back his completely original, 18,000 mile midnight blue with parchment interior 3.5 which also has a floor shift for his home in Beverly Hills.

I just found out that the dealer I sold my silver/red 01 Z8 to just sold the car to a buyer in the South of France, so another nice Z8 leaves the USA.

Z8 Madness
    The car appears to be back on ebay.
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

And on the seller's website, and on Auto Trader ...
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

That's a drag, I guess the buyer backed out. The car market seems so tough these days, my Lotus still hasn't sold after almost three months on the market, and it is a real gem too.
    Andrew Macpherson

Or could it be that selling a car to a european buyer is not as easy as it sounds..., because if it were, many more would have left already given the price differential.
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Fret not! The car did just resell to a buyer in Montreal for $120,000!!! I spoke with the buyer, who is a big BMW collector, including a 507, since the seller asked me to speak with him since it was my old car and the buyer had some questions for me.

Wonderful, happy for everyone involved! BTW does he want a lovely little Lotus Exige S, very collectible car with good history!
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    WOW!! Love to see these prices. I too agree that the car market has slowed just like everything else but lets face it, the Z8 is not just a car. I have to believe that its timeless beauty coupled with its relative rarity will sustain prices long term for good examples of the marque.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema