Thread: New Owner - Gary in Boston

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar

New Owner - Gary in Boston

Hello to all,

Took delivery of my 2002 Topaz/Crema with 16k, #61238, with PP, Eisenman Race a couple of days ago. Absolutely stunning in every way. Looking forward to some warm weather here for what I consider to be the ultimate in open air motoring.

I want to thank all of you wonderful, knowledgable, and passionate enthusiasts for the endless amount of information that allowed me to make such an informed decision in my purchase. I looked for nearly a year and actually purchased it from a registered Z8 board member in the Bay Area. All I can say is WOW! I drove it briefly following delivery and the experience was utterly invigorating-and thats with the hard-top on.

Thanks especially to Andrew for maintaining this first rate forum and furthering the cause of this already timeless classic.

I've attached a few photos for all to see and I look forward to many years of proud ownership

Regards,
    Gary

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Looks super! Be careful on those stones!

Great color combo, congrats & welcome (as an owner now). Yes, top down is a whole different car. Once you go topless........

Congratulations and welcome!

What a stunning combo, enjoy it to the fullest, and keep sending in pictures too!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Beautiful car! Where do you keep her? I am in Weston.

John
    2001 Silver/Black
    John from Weston, MA
    2001 Silver/Black

Z8Mania
    Congratulations!! Welcome! Great car- whats the red one next to it?

Thank you all for the warm welcome,
    The marque is breathtaking.

John-the car is presently on Cape Cod at my summer home. I am in Lexington. Once I get the car here with arrival of spring maybe we can do coffee and a little z8 talk. Maybe other local owners might be interested.

Jdill-the driveway on the cape is composed of crushed shells which still requires some care.

Norcal .......I'll never go back?

Jerry-the other car is a 1993 Porsche 928 GTS, Guards red/black, 5 speed, showroom condition. My dream car as a young boy growing up in the 70's and 80's.

Andrew-I'll keep the pics of my car coming and I'll raise you. A neighbor of mine whom I do not know all that well is an absolute car nut. Has 8-9 car's, 997 turbo, 993 turbo, late 80's M6, cobra, etc.,etc. I was tinkering with my car in the driveway following delivery and I saw him leaving his house for work. Next thing I know he is turning down my driveway and proceeds to tell me that he has never seen another Topaz Z8. He then goes on to tell me that his wife bought a Topaz Z8 new in 1992 and absolutely loves it. And get this. It's Topaz/Red. I had read on another thread that it was believed that all 8 of these cars were in the EU. Well I found one here and right next door no less. Needless to say when summer comes I will ask him if he would let me photograph for the Z8 website. I have not seen any photos of these here. I can't wait to see the car in "the flesh".

Thanks again to you all.

Regards,
    Gary

Gary, if ever he decides to sell it can I get first dibs!!

That will make an awesome set of pics, the two Topaz cars, yours and the one with the red interior! Please do take loads of pix, I have a very hard time persuading our owners to get nice shot done for the Gallery!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Gary, thats a beautiful 928 I would love to see more pictures of it. I also dreamt of this car as a young man back then. Congratulations again.

Thanks Jerry,
    I'll post pics soon with and without the Z8
    Man this is fun.

Welcome, and beautiful car!
    thegunguy

Z8 Madness
    Welcome. What a beautiful car, congrats!
    2016 Porsche GTS/MT

Quote Originally Posted by gutMD View Post
    Man this is fun.
    The fun is just beginning! Enjoy your beautiful auto, and the many friendships that it will open the door to.

Congratulations, one of my favourite color combos!

Quote Originally Posted by BostonZ View Post
    I am in Weston.
    Quote Originally Posted by gutMD View Post
    I am in Lexington.
    I am travelling to Needham a lot, perhaps we can find the time for a coffee some time?
    Best regards, Dieter

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Hey Dieter, be great if we could pull it together sometime. BTW Stratus/Crema-pure perfection.

Jerry, here are photos I promised. The 928 has been shunned by many porsche diehards (rear engine/air cooled) over the years for its "radical" departure from the norm. As time as gone on it seems to be regaining favor and values for late model GTS's (93-95) are rising. Unfortunately, there weren't many cars produced over its lifetime and many of them have been beaten into the ground by their owners making fine examples few and far between. At the time of its production it was considered by many (non 911 guys) to be the ultimate in GT motoring and is a pure joy to drive-even today. Like the Z8, it also has a very loyal following.

Enjoy the pics

I always loved the 928 too, gorgeous pair you have there!
    Andrew Macpherson

Welcome and congrats!

Z8Mania
    Beautiful! Thanks for posting those pictures - you have two classics there.

Thanks gentlemen,
    I am very fortunate to say the least.
    I also have a VERY understanding/tolerant wife.

Gary and Dieter,

Love to get together. Dieter, I take it you would be without the Stratus/Crema? Let me know when you guys are around, perhaps a PM?

Had to charge my battery for a few hours to get her started today from winter slumber (she really isn't sawed in half). Given all the issues, ya think I ought to replace the seven year old original battery !!?!
    John from Weston, MA
    2001 Silver/Black

Quote Originally Posted by BostonZ View Post
    Gary and Dieter,

Love to get together. Dieter, I take it you would be without the Stratus/Crema? Let me know when you guys are around, perhaps a PM?
    I'll let you guys know next time I will be over. Unfortunately, I am stuck with a rental car over there.
    Best regards, Dieter

Sounds great.
    Regards,
    Gary