Thread: Z8 Ultimate Guide

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Z8 Ultimate Guide

I assume this has been covered in the past, though I could find no reference to it in a search, but the January 2007 issue of BMWCAR magazine has a marvelous article on the Z8 and Alpina Roadster V8 in the form of their "Ultimate Guide". This 10 page spread provides comprehensive coverage of the cars including history, driving impressions, problems, what to look for when buying used, upgrades, comparisons, price guide, specials, models, a Z8 watch, and an interview with Macfly. Appears to have been heavily researched via this website and is unusually accurate. Not available in the US but can be ordered direct from England via www.unity-media.com for ?7.

Thats odd, I just called them up, and tried to order it, but the girl I spoke to just flipped thru the Jan 07 issue, and said there was nothing on the Z8? Anyhow it seems odd as I've not heard of them, and certainly didn't give them an interview, but I now have the editors phone number. I'll call her when she is back in the office and see if I can persuade her to do a story on a very exceptional heavily modified Z8.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Mac, the January 2007 issue of BMWCAR magazine has the "Z8 Ultimate Guide" listed right on the cover! Article begins on page 96. Author was Sebastian de Latour. On page 104 there is a section entitled "Inside knowledge - Andrew Macpherson, Z8 owner and enthusiast" followed by 4 paragraphs of interview. They do describe a Hamann modified Z8 and Shadowman's supercharged monster. Also of note are the pictures of the Blancpain Big Date and Flyback watch with a Z8 weight visible from the back. Article ends with a thanks to www.bmwz8.us. Try these contacts: email to [email protected] or phone 01732 748084. I checked with the US distributor first, but they didn't have any copies so I ordered mine from Unity in England and it arrived in less than a week. A must have article and if you haven't seen it, you're in for a pleasant surprise!