Thread: My Mistress

My Mistress

For once I remembered to take the happy-snap camera to the track with me. The weather couldn't have been more perfect, and I finally got to put the R888s to the test on my "home track". While the "mistress" is a bit "dirty" (hey it's a track car), she's such a joy.

KenZ8 and son were in attendance as well. As always, it's great to see the Z8 on track amongst the other toys.

thegunguy

Mistress is the perfect term, these nippy little buzz-bombs are perfect track companions while in warranty, but unlike the the Z8, they'll never be long term loves.

I had an awesome day out last week, as you may have seen on the other board, twice breaking my own personal best. The 888's look to be pretty good, but I think I'll wait till we know they are good in the heat before throwing a set on, as some folks here are suggesting they maybe better on colder days, and more greasy in the heat.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Our temps were well in to the 70s, but I don't have a mountain of data to compare with the A048 (LTS). In reality, I probably ran my set of Yoks a little too long before making the switch, but most accounts suggest that the Toyos should have a more consistent performance over the life of the tire, where the A048s would fall off over time.

This coming weekend should be my third outing with the R888s in the dry. So, they should be starting to come alive (as I did not have them shaved as many do).

I'll report back, and let you know what I think.

I'm interested see that pearl white in person. While I think it would be a great fit for the Lotus, I'm not sure I'd ever want a white car for the track.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Awesome! I love it!

Jerry,

I wish I had some pictures of the Mistress abusing a pair of F430s last weekend. Let's just say they were in less than "capable" hands.
    thegunguy

I'm not sure I'd ever want a white car for the track.
    Yep, while my Storm Titanium is pretty dull, it is so easy to live with on a car that's always getting filthy!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    I think your mistress could eat up the larger, heavier prancing horsies on most tracks unless there were long straights and the Cavallinos had more track setups. Now throw in driver skill and its probably not even close. At the same time, you have to admire the Ferrari drivers for taking their cars to the track to fully experience them as opposed to their trying this on public roads. I try to be very disciplined on public roads- things happen very quickly.

I believe they were actually Challenge 430s, and it was the local dealer that was out. Supposedly, they were training a new team for competition.

They are certainly beautiful on track, and their mechanical symphony was amazing. I can only imagine the enjoyment of your blue beauty with the top down on a clear country road.
    Last edited by thegunguy; March 4th 2008 at 15:38.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Its a lot of fun- the whole experience is a winning one if you're like we are and into these things.