Thread: PP installation in Southern Connecticut

Z8 Novice

PP installation in Southern Connecticut

Hi there,

With spring hopefully around the corner, does anyone have a recommodation for and/or experience with a BMW dealer in the Tri-State area to install the PP? I bought the package last year but the dealer I bought it from was not too hot on installing it.

I had mine installed last summer at Flemington BMW in Flemington NJ. They did an excellent job and I would recommend them. Probably about a 1.5-2 hr drive from the Stamford CT area.

Z8Mania
    If you don't want to take any chances, I would call Bill Stuart up, his number is posted in a few threads, do a search, and see if BMW NA would be willing to do the work for you at their HQ- its probably closer than Flemington and it literally is the factory.

If they would do the work at BMW NA that would definitely be closer. Should take less then 20 minutes from the Tappan Zee Bridge to get there.

Sport Button On - DSC Off jpklecker's Avatar

Contacting Bill Stuart

I spoke with Bill Stuart around the end of the year and he indicated to me that he would be out of town, out of the office, until April 14th. So any questions directed to him probably won't get answered until he returns to the office in mid April.
    John Klecker - 2002 Topaz / Crema (61782)

Bill did email his stand in's contact while he was out, but it is escaping my search function at the moment - however I bet it'll be on his direct dial - 201-263-8210.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Bill Stuart's alternate was posted earlier as Jason Eidelman 201-263-8229

Z8 Novice
    Thank you all for the input and I will give Bill's alternate a call next week. I know Bill was very helpful with getting me "The Book" for my car, i.e. took only a couple of weeks from request to receipt.
    Henny

The Book?

Hi, I am the second owner of my Z8. There is of course no book. Would Bill be able to get a book or is it only for original owners?

Bill has in the past been able to reunite cars with their books, so once he returns from holiday in April you could try asking him.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    I am not the first owner either but that did not stop Bill from getting "the Book" for me so good luck!
    Henny

Same situation here as well. Bill was extremely helpful in getting the book to me.

Z8 Novice
    With Bill's help, finally got the PP installed at Westchester BMW recently and they did an excellent job. Got the radio replaced at the same time as unfortunately I encountered the same issues as listed in another post on this site, i.e. after a few loud pops it completely died. Also here, Bill was extremely helpful and was able to give me a 50% "goodwill" refund on the price of the radio. After a week touring through northern New York State, I do believe the car is much tighter and the piece of mind is definitely price-less.
    Bill, thanks again for all your assistance!
    Henny