Thread: AirChamber finally available in US!

Sport Button On - DSC Off

AirChamber finally available in US!

AirChamber storage units are the best way to store and/or protect your Z8 that I have ever found. These are free standing (internal frame) plastic enclosures that have zippered doors so you can drive your car in and exit via the side doors. That means you can conveniently use one to store/protect your Z8 even if you drive it frequently. When zippered shut, there are 2 air-circulating fans that keep moisture from condensing on the car's inner panels, virtually eliminating the potential for rust and oxidation. Plus, you can leave the top down if you like because the environment is essentially dust free. The air filled chamber also provides significant protection from accidental bumps or bangs caused by activities near the car. And because the plastic walls are transparent, you can still drool over your baby anytime you want. I have all of the cars in my collection stored in AirChambers and can recommend them unconditionally. Until now, they have been very difficult to acquire in the US, having to come direct from England, but the parent company has finally begun franchising dealers to sell them over here. They are currently available from calcarcover.com and probably other dealers as well. For the Z8, you want the medium size which measures app. 17'x7'x6'. Price should be around $800.

Z8Mania
    One important note! BMW (and other manufacturers) recommend to keep fabric convertible tops up when not in use for long periods- the material will condense a little bit and this will lead to its eventual tearing- I know has I have had tears in two vehicles' fabric tops due to this and both manufacturers fortunately covered it but also told me the same thing- more than a day- put the top up.

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Good point!

I also recall reading somewhere that, ideally, when possible, the top should be up but not latched down. While likely adding longevity to the top, it takes away from that oh-so pretty profile of the car.