Thread: wiper lights cover

Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar

wiper lights cover

Is anyone familiar with replacing that small cover ??? You can see it in my avatar.
    I lost both of them in one week . Very strange

I order the part and I thought was a plug in, but of course is not.
    So before bringing the car to the expensive BMW dealer for what it should be a very simple thing, I am wondering if anyone else has this problem.
    Thank you
    Luigi

Luigi, how did you do that ? Did you use them this week ? Were they not centered and did they perhaps broke of when entering their place ?

I have never heard of this before, it seems very strange that they'd both fall off in the same time too, so I'd suggest taking in and having a tech look at the way the units are working as there could be some unseen error here that caused them to fall off once, and may well cause them to come off again.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Lupin's Avatar

covers

I have no idea of what happened,I never used them, but I think I'll bring her to BMW
    this is the pic of one broken that I have found in the floor and the new one.
    (one is left and one is right)
    Luigi

It looks like the cover got stuck in the up position, and when the little motor pulled it back down it tore off the clip part of the molding, but if you never used them then I don't really understand how or why!?
    Andrew Macpherson

Am I the only one that believes these spray nozzles are worthless? Without wipers they do not clean anything and if you accidentally hit the switch while the top is down, at freeway speed, expect fluid in your hair and inside the cockpit.

If this were my car, I would disable those things while you have them apart. IMHO...
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Agreed - they are a useless pain in the behind!

But then again I never take the Z8 out in the rain, so they are of no use to me anyway.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post

But then again I never take the Z8 out in the rain, so they are of no use to me anyway.
    Me neither but I have ruined an otherwise great trip by accidentally bumping the wiper switch.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car