Thread: 2001 Z8 (#60522) - Sold

2001 Z8 (#60522) - Sold

2001 Z8 - AH60522 - Titanium Silver / Black interior, 15563 miles, Clean Carfax (for what its worth) Car serviced by Peter Pan BMW since it was new (although not sold by us) Performance Kit installed, all services up to date. Book not present.
    $109,995.00 car is in our showroom in San Mateo, Ca

Contact Dana Caldwell @ [email protected] with questions/interest

Dana, a quick reference questions for your potential buyers...

How many of these original things that came with the car are with it now?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Also, since it is a 2001, did this car have the Vanos problem taken care of?
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

*First Aid Kit in a black pouch is present
    *Small Roll Up Tool Kit with silk gloves is present
    *Battery Charger in a black pouch - is not present, we will supply on sale of car
    *Cup Holder is present
    *Softtop Toneau Cover and black canvas/vinyl case is present
    *Seatback Windbreaker and black canvas/vinyl case - windbreaker is present/ I have the case on order from Germany
    *Z8 Hardtop Roof metal stand in cardboard box - not present, but we will supply on sale
    *Z8 Hardtop Roof white polyester cover (not shown) with a black canvas/vinyl case - not present, but we will supply on sale
    *Original telephone is present

The VANOS issue does not apply to this car as it is a January 2001 production. The VANOS problem was on cars produced up to 11-30-00. After that the cars were equipped with a VANOS accumulator shutoff valve that prevented oil bleed off when the car is shutoff.

We acquired this car from an estate. The owner had passed away.

Ha. I own the twin, 60521, also Silver/black with maybe just a few less miles, also full service records local dealer. (It is not actually cut in half!) I also have certified by BMW absolutely no frame distortion or doming and PP in silver. Obviously I'd like to know how it goes selling it, maybe a PM.
    John from Weston, MA
    2001 Silver/Black

Dana, my car is #503 can you tell when my build date was? After the vanos problem?

Your car shows a 12/2000 production date. It should be fine based on the information in the service bulletin

Now, that's what I call service!! Five minutes! Thanks so much.

Ian
    Last edited by Norcal; November 22nd 2007 at 02:00.

Sold!!

And could not have been bought by a nicer guy and couple!!

My long time friend bought this Z8 today and is driving it back to his house but stuck in the Bay area traffic. You fellas in California have a great guy/couple to include in your drives out there. He said he would be joining the site officially now that he has the Z8 as well as the Z8 Club of Germany.

Looking forward to his participation!!
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102